Get your very own personalised Turfites Talk gifts!

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Cricket World Cup

Take that you cheatin Orrible Arrogants Aussie bastids.. Well played England..

I still have a smile on my face Alf

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Take that you cheatin Orrible Arrogants Aussie bastids.. Well played England..
    Its always nice to see us whack the vile arrogant Aussies in any sport isnt it Alf, but I do wish we could do it to them a bit more at Rugby!.

Anyway, its the Final now against NZ and they wont be doing us any favours of course. But we've got to WIN this now in front of our own fans, so no pressure lads.

Sat at a table four four last night for dinner and were joined by two Aussies, they took the banter quite well, but seemed more concerned that we didn't let NZ beat us now.

It wouldn’t have been nice to be a fly on the wall in changing room just for Smith and Warner s response.

Spoken to a few Aussies and they said that they shouldn’t be allowed in the team.

Just fantastic stuff,with a huge slice of along the way.. Edge of the seat stuff and Ben Stokes was brilliant ,especially with his diving extra four runs.. Well done to England world champions of cricket..

OMG that was a nail biter! After seven weeks of great cricket, it all boiled down to Ben Stokes holding the innings together. Brilliant!

Great final, even Matron enjoyed it

I keep watching the highlights over and over again and every time I am convinced we have lost until the final ball of the Super Over.

My boss is a Kiwi and asked why it went to a 'Boundary Count back' when they bowled all of the England team out and we only bowled 8 of them out in the 50 overs... Seems a fair question to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    My boss is a Kiwi and asked why it went to a 'Boundary Count back' when they bowled all of the England team out and we only bowled 8 of them out in the 50 overs... Seems a fair question to me...
    It really was one of those games where no-one deserved to lose. Australia I can't abide, New Zealand are fine by me and this was one of the finest margins to lose a World Cup by.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I agree that the 'Boundary Count' system is a joke to decide a game, however, the rules were known before the start of the Tournament so no problem there.
    It always used to be that if a team lost more wickets, they lost. The Duckworth Lewis method for calculating things in rain interrupted matches relies on runs scored and wickets taken so why have something different for a World Cup.

I have a feeling that, because of the fuss that this result has caused, the ICC will need to have a close look at the rules for the next World Cup.

The Super Over. I think it may be here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The Super Over. I think it may be here to stay.
    Agreed outwood. That was very climatic and exhausting to watch.

Wow guys, that was absolutely fantastic wasnt it!.
    And Im proud to be able to say that I was around at the time when we ENGLAND won a sporting World cup, and we can now genuinely say that we were/are the BEST in the World (in Cricket).

Now then, if only my glorious white rose Yorkie county could do as well, then Id be as happy as Larry lol. (whoever the hell he/Larry is).

I was flying home last week so missed the game and just got to see the highlights last night. Bloody hell, I knew the result and was still sat on the end of the settee wondering what was going to happen next. What I especially liked was to see the NZ player signalling a six when his mate stepped back onto the boundary rope, OK they'd never have got away with it after a TV replay, but he didn't have to do it, and I can't imagine any of the morally bankrupt w@nkers playing our national sport doing similar on a football field, not even down at Clitheroe's level.