+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The meeting between the Danes and the NL

The meeting between the Danes and the NL

Does anyone know:

a) Did it happen?
    b) What was it about?
    c) Why we haven't heard anything following it?

Despite all the noise about Hardy walking out of meetings and the joke that is the 'Notts County turnstile', surely this was the biggest news for the club yesterday.

Why aren't the local media focussing their efforts on finding out what happened and what it means in relation to the takeover?

I'm concerned that after Wednesdays news, we're going to be kept in the dark once again, with nothing from the club and only click-bait articles from local media. Before we know it, the next court case will be looming. Will we even have any players left by that time?

Couldn’t agree more Slack.

I should imagine scoop will be typing his article up as we speak. We will just have to sit tight.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Does anyone know:

a) Did it happen?
    b) What was it about?
    c) Why we haven't heard anything following it?

Despite all the noise about Hardy walking out of meetings and the joke that is the 'Notts County turnstile', surely this was the biggest news for the club yesterday.

Why aren't the local media focussing their efforts on finding out what happened and what it means in relation to the takeover?

I'm concerned that after Wednesdays news, we're going to be kept in the dark once again, with nothing from the club and only click-bait articles from local media. Before we know it, the next court case will be looming. Will we even have any players left by that time?
    Spot on, Mr Slack - my fave poster.

If it happened, it must have gone badly, otherwise he would have been telling the staff the good news. He must have walked out due to a hangover of frustration from the Danish meeting. I'm assuming he met the Danes first before he met the staff, but what would be the point of doing it the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...meadow-3081093

It is believed a meeting with the National League and brothers Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz, who own the betting statistics firm Football Radar, was also scheduled for today.

Both the National League and the FA have been approached for comment.

Cash cows aren't for explaining to, they're for milking. Now stop asking questions and prepare to be milked dry

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...meadow-3081093

It is believed a meeting with the National League and brothers Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz, who own the betting statistics firm Football Radar, was also scheduled for today.

Both the National League and the FA have been approached for comment.
    Not very illuminating though, is it?

I don’t know one single person or Notts fan that will believe a single word Alan Mardy says now so if the takeover is to actually move forward then we need an official statement from the interested party

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If it happened, it must have gone badly, otherwise he would have been telling the staff the good news. He must have walked out due to a hangover of frustration from the Danish meeting. I'm assuming he met the Danes first before he met the staff, but what would be the point of doing it the other way around?
    This is my fear. If the takeover was as advanced as we'd been led to believe, you'd have thought Hardy would at least be able to give concrete assurances about pay, and perhaps just ask for a little bit more patience. But it sounds like the players have been given no such guarantees, and that Hardy has been unable to appease them. Not looking good, is it.

I think we can add 'exchanging contracts in the coming days' to the long list of empty claims stretching all the way back to January. I mean he'd accepted an offer in April, for f's sake.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast