+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovaniemi v the Dons

Taylor is pish. Considine is pish. Cosgrove is unconvincing at times. Hedges looks bang average.

We played today like we did all last season.

The good thing is we have several new players coming into the team. Bryson and Ojo should make a big difference.

I still think we'll struggle to create chances whilst brain farting about in defence.

Absolutely shocking performance. Midfield and forwards show promise, especially the new lads. But our defenders are going to cost
    s us big time against even reasonably competent teams in Scotland never mind Europe this season. Logan had another couple of brain farts today giving away stupid possession that luckily didn't cost any goals, and Ash just looks like a lumbering Championship player. He'd be more suited to somewhere like Dundee. Also, wasn't one of McKenna's finest nights.
    Biggest bugbear for me though was the number of times a player humped the ball up the field straight to an opposition player. Or a defender, instead of bringing the ball down from one of the opposition's punts, heids it straight back to them? Who the f*ck coaches these tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Absolutely shocking performance. Midfield and forwards show promise, especially the new lads. But our defenders are going to cost
    s us big time against even reasonably competent teams in Scotland never mind Europe this season. Logan had another couple of brain farts today giving away stupid possession that luckily didn't cost any goals, and Ash just looks like a lumbering Championship player. He'd be more suited to somewhere like Dundee. Also, wasn't one of McKenna's finest nights.
    Biggest bugbear for me though was the number of times a player humped the ball up the field straight to an opposition player. Or a defender, instead of bringing the ball down from one of the opposition's punts, heids it straight back to them? Who the f*ck coaches these tactics?
    That's where Ojo and Bryson will hopefully come into it. Leigh will make a difference as well as we won't have another lumbering CH in that position. If it works they can allow McGinn and Hedges to play a bit. I really don't know about Hedges though. He might be a slow burner but I'd suggest we will need to rely on him a lot.

I’m not sure if DM is taking us for mugs, or trying to give the players confidence, but his post match interview on Radio Scotland made it sound like we’d just beaten Barcelona in the Camp Nou.
    Talk about hyperbole?

Anyway, we’re through.
    Made it far harder than it should’ve been.

Play like that in Georgia next Thursday & it could get messy.

A win is a win in Europe so I will take that and be happy we got the victory. Not in style but since this is our second meaningful match I am a bit forgiving.
    Let’s hope we are better in the next match.

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Yeah, wasn’t the most pleasant of games to watch, but we’ll take the win.
    We’ll need to be better next week.

Doom and gloomers out in force tonight I see.

We won and are through so who cares how we played.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Last time I felt this relieved there was a woman called Sandra underneath me.
    Didn’t take 94 minutes though
    Maybe nearer the time it took ROPS to get the first goal

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Partially agree.
    And I’ll also say that awful pitch didn’t help.
    A good centre forward instead of the one we have & it’s about 10-2 on aggregate.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Very good

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast