+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: Rovaniemi v the Dons

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    I've no problem with Dons fans being Unionists, everyone can have their own political opinions.

What I do have a problem with is uneducated, racist, small-minded, pricks associating themselves with AFC.
    Well said - though I have mair of a problem with educated, racist, small-minded, pricks associating themselves with AFC.

At least you might have a chance to turn the uneducated ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    It saddens me but im not surprised that there are some dons fans who are unionists.

Anyway cosgrove cupping his ears to the fans when he scored is more interesting
    Cup his ears all he wants. he is still a pudding

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    I've no problem with Dons fans being Unionists, everyone can have their own political opinions.

What I do have a problem with is uneducated, racist, small-minded, pricks associating themselves with AFC.

Anyway, I see that the snowflake jimbojim1903 has gone dark on Twitter... poor lad must be upset at the abuse he has been receiving in the last 48 hours.
    Agree with this.

I see his Twitter is private, but google has his picture with Tommy Robinson’s book. It was shut, so we can’t tell if he’s coloured in all the pictures yet. Presumably he only uses red, black and white crayons, so he can claim he’s not a hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post

Anyway cosgrove cupping his ears to the fans when he scored is more interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Cup his ears all he wants. he is still a pudding
    What’s your take on it?
    I thought he was gesturing for the Ballon D’or Song

Ear cupping.

My guess is he'd been getting some verbals from some visiting fans and the gesture was as if to say 'you slagging me off now?'.

Don’t think Cosgrove was aiming his gesture at the Dons fans in the stadium , as they were at the other end.

But McGinn was definitely aiming his similar gesture at the Dons fans right after his goal in the first leg.

Not the first time Ive noticed this in recent seasons. ie our players making this gesture to our own fans , rather than the opposition fans , which would normally be the case. I can mind Ryan Jack doing it at Dens Park when we beat them 7-nil. And Jonny Hayes did it after scoring at Tynecastle.

My theory is that the players resent what they see as unfair, relentless criticism of them AND McInnes from a vocal minority of the fanbase.

Cosgrove may well have been aiming his gesture to the fanbase in general ,rather than only those in the stadium, presumably hoping it would be seen on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Anyway Neil min, good trip?

My loon is back in Gdansk, heading back to Aberdeen tonight.
    Aye DD. A good trip.
    Good weather . blinding Heatwave by Laplander measure. 20 deg at one point.

The Locals were unbelievably pleasant to us. Not one bad word.
    ( Even in response to the " Rather shag a sheep than a Reindeer " song !! )

And the price of the beer turned out to be not a problem. Ok, 9.70 euros at Helsinkin Airport , and it was around 7 euros on the menu at Hes burger . But the Lassie serving sold it for Happy Hour price of 4 euros. The Uito Bar who opened early at 12 for the Dandies did well, their Happy Hour was 12 till 9pm , and Beer was 3.50 . Some Gadgie from a Bar around the corner tried to cash in by coming over and offering us to switch to his bar for 2.50 a pint. don`t think anybody bothered.

Killer for me , being an old gadgie now was the overnight , sleep on a bench at Helsinkin airport. And the 5.40 am return flight. Michty, I`m fair scunnered noo !!!

so. Top place. super helpful and friendly locals. Hardly saw the Police. They were well laidback as well.

So , just fine like.

( Oh, one weird thing. I bought a Hot Dog at the game. They just gave me a wrapper with a sausage in it. " So where`s the bun ? " I asked the two quines in the stall. " sorry, we only serve the sausage alone " they said with a smile. " Aye, when you do a Hamburger, is there bun ? " Well, yes. do you want a Hamburger ? " Ach no. The sausage is fine " Didn`t want to appear TOO pendantic. Just a bit weird piling onions and crispy onion n mustard onto a bare sausage !!

So there you go. Good Do. Love to go to Tblisi now . Decent enough flight price from Gatwick. But just like that Kazahkstan trip, just far far too soon after this one. Time off work is the killer. Self employed I have to work for some cash , and can`t keep the Customers waiting too long. ( given it`s a 2 day off work trip for me to get to the Home Leg too !! )

Good luck to the Lads who get out to Gergia. COYR

( And GASC , try and make the game this time , eh ? Although it wouldn`t be an away trip if you didn`t try and bash your head !! )

Surely if cosgrove is a big honest lad he would admit he's not covering himself in glory with so many poor misses over the 2 legs.

Aye apologies to all the Dons fans who witnessed the nick I was in. That's what a litre of malt in 5 hours does. I can assure everyone I'll nae be drinking whisky ever again anywhere over my doorstep. Glad I at least visited the ground before I got pissed and fell down the stairs. Still got the bump on my head and a few bumps and grazes. By all account i didn't miss much. At least i did the touristy bit and went to Santa's village. Friday was a top night in Helsinki but a tad expensive although we were getting pints for 9 euros 40 cents!!! Anyway all booked up for Tiblisi. Just a shame we can't sample some Georgian wine together. Looking forward to this one. Looks a top place and cheap as chips, just what I need after Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Aye apologies to all the Dons fans who witnessed the nick I was in. That's what a litre of malt in 5 hours does. I can assure everyone I'll nae be drinking whisky ever again anywhere over my doorstep. Glad I at least visited the ground before I got pissed and fell down the stairs. Still got the bump on my head and a few bumps and grazes. By all account i didn't miss much. At least i did the touristy bit and went to Santa's village. Friday was a top night in Helsinki but a tad expensive although we were getting pints for 9 euros 40 cents!!! Anyway all booked up for Tiblisi. Just a shame we can't sample some Georgian wine together. Looking forward to this one. Looks a top place and cheap as chips, just what I need after Finland.
    Aye Min. At least it was only your Heid again. So no major damage could be done ?

Just remeber , the Maribor Wine Museum and tasting approac of " Down in One !! " is probably not the best way to enjoy Georgia either ?!!

Have a good one. COYR

( and get to the game , eh ? )

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast