+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borders Cars . . .

Borders Cars . . .

. . . shocking news that long - time sponsors of the club Border Cars are in big financial trouble with half the staff of over 200 already been made redundant and administration now beckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    . . . shocking news that long - time sponsors of the club Border Cars are in big financial trouble with half the staff of over 200 already been made redundant and administration now beckoning.
    Told by text of their redundancy .............. seems to be a thing in Dumfries nowadays.

Are they a Limited company or privately owned?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Are they a Limited company or privately owned?
    Family run business according to the papers. Obviously very distressing for the employees and the area but I doubt if the owner will be queueing up at the food bank to survive.
    Border Motor Group, who run several showrooms in the area, are stressing they are not connected to Border Cars and are trading as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Family run business according to the papers. Obviously very distressing for the employees and the area but I doubt if the owner will be queueing up at the food bank to survive.
    Border Motor Group, who run several showrooms in the area, are stressing they are not connected to Border Cars and are trading as normal.
    It’s a real shame for all those employees who’ve lost their jobs and as far as Queens are concerned don’t Border Cars supply the manager with a club car and give Queens one for the end of season deluxe draw prize ? I wonder what’ll now happen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    It’s a real shame for all those employees who’ve lost their jobs and as far as Queens are concerned don’t Border Cars supply the manager with a club car and give Queens one for the end of season deluxe draw prize ? I wonder what’ll now happen to that.
    Their name is also on every page of the season ticket books so I take it that they sponsor these.

Very sad news and proof of how bad the financial climate is. I look back to the 80s when I started working . There was Gates/ Uniroyal old factory making wellies, carpet underlay, diving suits and industrial flooring and more. Mc George's and the Wolsey were quality knitwear factories. Elopak , The Carnation , Robison and Davidson . ICI workforce was far bigger than now . Decent paid manufacturing jobs dissapearing to low wages economies across the world, replaced by minimum wage retail / service jobs. The town is in a mess and I dont know how we get it back.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 13-07-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Very sad news and proof of how bad the financial climate is. I look back to the 80s when I started working . There was Gates/ Uniroyal old factory making wellies, carpet underlay, diving suits and industrial flooring and more. Mc George's and the Wolsey were quality knitwear factories. Elopak , The Carnation , Robison and Davidson . ICI workforce was far bigger than now . Decent paid manufacturing jobs dissapearing to low wages economies across the world, replaced by minimum wage retail / service jobs. The town is in a mess and I dont know how we get it back.

we have to ditch westminster for a start to let scotland find its feat again and start to flourish .

Dumfries folk are far too conservative for that to happen Francis!

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    The Fusco family have started up a new company called Focus (an anagram of their name) Motor Store Ltd. - see today's D and G Standard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)