+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Rovers ......

Welcome to Rovers ......

....Sam Gallagher!
    Fee has been agreed, he is on his way up now for his medical. It's thought we are ending up paying somewhere between £3.5 - £4m. He will be in a Rovers shirt this evening

Good stuff, now to get the keeper in, and a Centre Half, and we are looking decent next season.

I still think one or two will leave.

A good deal at or around that price. Yes GK and CH will do for me too

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    A good deal at or around that price. Yes GK and CH will do for me too
    Keeper isn't an issue ....that's why we kept Smallwood

I have a feeling Westwood will sign
    Just a feeling though 😉

I think Westwood signed a new deal at Sheff Wed Iast week, could be wrong?
    Maybe we will end up with a keeper from abroad, TM said we are looking at other markets aswell.

Right you are
    Maybe ruddy🤣

Could be him. Could be quite a few to be fair.
    There's still plenty of time to get the right one in.

With lots of moans on other sites about our lack of transfer-activity, I thought I'd try to research the facts.
    Look at the link below. (I saw it at 1am, UK time, on 13th July).
    Apart from Brentford and Bristol City, the purchases are minimal, with a net MINUS 203 million in fees so far!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2

Once we get said keeper over the line, I have to say. What a competitive and exciting squad we have going into the season. Ok, probably one or two more in yet to come, and a few out (e.g. I'd let Nuttall & Smallwood go now personally) But we have the strongest and most exciting set of players playing in blue & white. I'm not saying we are top 6. But we have such a potential with a very good mix of youth & good quality experience. And a very good manager. I'm very much looking forward to next season. There are at least 5 or 6 lads who I'm really excited about seeing progress.

I also like the idea of Johnson being moved into the first team. As he will also have a huge influence on the likes of Travis, Butterworth, Maglorie, Buckley, Rankin,-Costello etc who will be in with the first team.
    I think Johnson will end up manager down the line at some point. I think that's the plan. I hope Mowbray then moves upstairs to a director of football position. We need continuity and a solid club behind scenes.
    Meaning we can still (even treading a very fine line with FFP) remain active in the transfer market. I must say I'm impressed again by Venkys trust and bsvkomg in all this, in what's turning out to be a good summer market for us.

I think we are bound to see players leave now. I still hope to see Nuttall come good, but it probably won't be with us. I mentioned before that Bradford might be a good place, as they definitely have the potential to come straight back up. As you said, Champs, Bury might be an obvious fit too.
    We still have the Brereton dilemma, though. He has never looked like a centre-forward in the Graham-Gallagher mode to me, but he is well down the pecking order in terms of the No.10/secondary striker role. He is obviously behind Dack and Armstrong, while you could even argue that Samuel (if he stays), Butterworth and Rothwell (even) also have better claims.
    It is also less likely he could be used out wide this season, with Chapman, Downing, Bennett and Armstrong (again) all more obvious choices.
    What does this mean for him, then? Permanently on the bench? In the U-23s for a season, to discover his best position and assets? Out on loan with a team that guarantees him a starting-place?
    It's a real poser. I'm a big admirer of TM, but could BB turn out to be an expensive mistake?
    Much too early to claim that, I believe, but most managers have serious signing-boobs on their records.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)