+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russ Richardson

Russ Richardson

Yeah, RST’s fav AFC employee......

I’ve noticed today his job title being referred to as Director of Football.

Del called him head of player recruitment yesterday, correcting himself after calling him head of scouting.

New role been created for Russ? I assumed up till now he was a English based freelancer who DM called up as and when he needed a specific player. Now he’s an employee?
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 12-07-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Yeah, RST’s fav AFC employee......

I’ve noticed today his job title as being referred to as Director of Football.

Del called him head of player recruitment yesterday, correcting himself after calling him head of scouting.

New role been created for Russ?
    A major change of role like that would be announced on club website would it not?
    Where di you see the "Director of football" title - maybe it's just misinformed journalism?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A major change of role like that would be announced on club website would it not?
    Where di you see the "Director of football" title - maybe it's just misinformed journalism?
    Scott Burns on The Daily Record website, announcing Weve won the race for Ojo.

He's a journalist that is usually accurate too - used to be Daily Express?
    No idea to answer the question FTH.
    I hope not (obviously )

Pay me a bit less than he gets and I'll do it - I knew right away Jon Gallagher would be a player...said it as soon as we signed him

We should be beating Hibs to players

He was named in the programme yesterday getting a bit of credit. How much did he have to do with the Gallacher signing? Did he have a say? I thought maybe just acknowledging him after maybe feeling a bit snubbed on that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    He was named in the programme yesterday getting a bit of credit. How much did he have to do with the Gallacher signing? Did he have a say? I thought maybe just acknowledging him after maybe feeling a bit snubbed on that deal.
    Does Russ Richardson actually exist? Has anyone ever seen him?

Tell him to have the recruitment team keep an eye on young Dundee United winger Scott Banks - a player of potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Tell him to have the recruitment team keep an eye on young Dundee United winger Scott Banks - a player of potential there.
    Yeah he looked good when he came on and took his pen well.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    We will need to wait for him to drop to league 1 or 2 before Russ will be interested in having a look