+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smurthwaite

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Its really hitting home now how bad things have got.....we wish we were mansfield
    No we don't. I don't wish we were any other club. I just want us to a) exist, and b) have a chance to long term stability on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    'kin hell StagManStan, talk about stating the obvious!!

We are well and truly fcuked.

You on the other hand have another chance at promotion this season, under a currently stable owner and a competent setup. Whereas we have an outgoing nut-job / egomaniac, with the promise of the scum of the earth e.g Smurthwaite and the convicted criminal Alex May, sniffing around for the main chance, if or when the mysterious Danish consortium don't make it and we go into administration.

Bit of a no-brainer for which club is in the better position, wouldn't you say?

I think he was replying to a previous post saying people, including stags fans, aren't ecstatic about the Radford's leadership, which was clearly a bizarre thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think he was replying to a previous post saying people, including stags fans, aren't ecstatic about the Radford's leadership, which was clearly a bizarre thing to say.
    I’m sure I read somewhere, I thought it was on here, that the Mansfield fans were blaming the Radfords for missing out on promotion last season. Seems I dreamt it, or something, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I’m sure I read somewhere, I thought it was on here, that the Mansfield fans were blaming the Radfords for missing out on promotion last season. Seems I dreamt it, or something, sorry.
    Maybe they were. Can't remember. Generally though, I think they are pretty happy with their owners.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 13-07-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valefan16 View Post
    He took us out of administration as we flew through a promotion then made error after error after error eventually almost losing us our league status.
    As bad as that sounds, it's still better than what happened to us.

Not prepared to pay hardy a penny. Good

I've contributed on the OneValeFan messageboard many times over the years, (different username of course). I can say that Smurthwaite is almost 100% detested by their fanbase for his chronic mismanagement of the club, in every respect, over a long period of time.

Going into administration would mean a points deduction which I believe would give us very little chance of avoiding relegation to National North i.e. tier 6. For those who think the rag, tag and bobtail remnants of last years all-losing squad will finish "mid to lower table" think again. Our current squad is not fit for purpose. Our pre-season preparation was appalling last year and is pretty much non-existant this year. The National League is not a kind environment for crisis clubs like NCFC as we shall soon experience first hand - that is of course assuming we are in existence after Hardy has finally left the building.

Going into administration will then bring in the parasitic shysters, like Smurthwaite and the convicted criminal May. These men should never pass the fit and proper persons test and should have no place in football club ownership again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234