+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smurthwaite

Smurthwaite

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...county-3086902

At the moment i'll welcome him with open arms especially him saying he won't give Hardy a penny. I like him already

Think I'd prefer the Danes, but, any port in a storm............

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Think I'd prefer the Danes, but, any port in a storm............

No denying it turned very sour for him at Port Vale. Their supporters will justifiably have strong opinions on the man, but if the internet had existed in 1967, Brentford fans would have been all over our forums telling us that we should not let Jack Dunnett anywhere near our club. That's not to say we should welcome Smurf with open arms but you just don't know how it's going to turn out. A manager or a player can be brilliant at one club and a total disaster at another, or vice-versa. It is possible to learn from your mistakes and it can make you more determined to make a success of things elsewhere.

In short, could be bad news but not necessarily so.

I'd take him right now. When he was first mentioned I was totally against it but I'd rather a local bloke who's interested in football own the club.....what could go wrong!?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I'd take him right now. When he was first mentioned I was totally against it but I'd rather a local bloke who's interested in football own the club.....what could go wrong!?
    For me he's another chancer who thinks he has the resources to run a football club and with a little gamble and a lot of luck he'll be aiming for a couple of promotions and sell up for a profit, i would put money on us being right back where we are now in two years time if he takes the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...county-3086902

At the moment i'll welcome him with open arms especially him saying he won't give Hardy a penny. I like him already
    58 minutes ago

Notts ITK Retweeted NottsCountyLive

Simply untrue. #Notts according to NottsITK, who some people still believe isn't Alan Hardy.

https://twitter.com/NottsITK/status/1149712926787473408

I presume he means it's untrue that he wouldn't pay a penny, not that he wouldn't take Notts over.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 12-07-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    58 minutes ago

Notts ITK Retweeted NottsCountyLive

Simply untrue. #Notts according to NottsITK, who some people still believe isn't Alan Hardy.

https://twitter.com/NottsITK/status/1149712926787473408

I presume he means it's untrue that he wouldn't pay a penny, not that he wouldn't take Notts over.
    Presumably he wouldn't want the Danes to believe that Smurf will only step in if the club goes into admin, hence the swift denial. Who else is he going to play them off against now that Mr "May" and the SA's have walked away?
    Mysterious Chinese interest over the coming weekend wouldn't be a surprise now.

The old cliche: "Out of the frying pan into the fire", fits this scenario very well.

Norman Smurthwaite is a fullblown shyster - perhaps marginally better than the convicted criminal May but we are basically comparing thoroughly unscrupulous individuals who have NOTHING to offer Notts County except misery and terminal decline.

If the Danes are a figment of Hardy's psychosis then i'd rather the club went bust and reform at some later stage as AFC Notts County.

# shysters out

The issue for us supporters is; that we have been fed so many lies, have a chairman who appears to be unable to separate reality from fantasy and are continuously told that the promised land is just around the corner.
    Sadly for us as supporters and people who genuinely care about Notts, we are just innocent bystanders. All we can do is to sit and hope that like the Phoenix we will rise from the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    All we can do is to sit and hope that like the Phoenix we will rise from the ashes.
    Or be like the bluebottle flying away from the steaming pile of dog turd.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast