+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smurthwaite

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    The old cliche: "Out of the frying pan into the fire", fits this scenario very well.

Norman Smurthwaite is a fullblown shyster - perhaps marginally better than the convicted criminal May but we are basically comparing thoroughly unscrupulous individuals who have NOTHING to offer Notts County except misery and terminal decline.

If the Danes are a figment of Hardy's psychosis then i'd rather the club went bust and reform at some later stage as AFC Notts County.

# shysters out
    We must accept that the Danish interest is genuine as I doubt the judge in the recent tax case would just take Alan Hardy's word for it.

Few people, even some Mansfield fans, are ecstatic about the Radfords reign but they're putting on a very good show of financing Mansfield Town and after all isn't finance, or lack of it, the root of our own problem? Perhaps this Smurthwaite chappie is looking to kick-start our season from scratch when he says he wouldn't pay AH a penny. If so, money saved by not paying out to AH is money towards rebuilding Notts County. With proper management and an owner with experience, who knows, the points deduction might not be such a mountain to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We must accept that the Danish interest is genuine as I doubt the judge in the recent tax case would just take Alan Hardy's word for it.

Few people, even some Mansfield fans, are ecstatic about the Radfords reign but they're putting on a very good show of financing Mansfield Town and after all isn't finance, or lack of it, the root of our own problem? Perhaps this Smurthwaite chappie is looking to kick-start our season from scratch when he says he wouldn't pay AH a penny. If so, money saved by not paying out to AH is money towards rebuilding Notts County. With proper management and an owner with experience, who knows, the points deduction might not be such a mountain to climb.
    The problem with Smurf is he is another Hardy only more spiteful, the only thing i see happening from him taking over is another nasty piece of work being chewed up and spat out by the black hole that is NCFC leaving him hated and bankrupt and the club back where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...county-3086902

At the moment i'll welcome him with open arms especially him saying he won't give Hardy a penny. I like him already
    Me too. Whoever takes over (if anyone takes over) we should ALL give them a chance. I'm sure though that there will be some on here who will be ranting from the start, People can learn from their mistakes. A football fan is much better than a property developer (if they have the money).

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Me too. Whoever takes over (if anyone takes over) we should ALL give them a chance. I'm sure though that there will be some on here who will be ranting from the start, People can learn from their mistakes. A football fan is much better than a property developer (if they have the money).
    Smurf is a property developer.... it is reported that when things were going badly at PV his partner quit because smurf saw the best way of taking pressure off his players and manager was to have a more public profile we've seen this before somewhere!!, also the FA assigned blackpool owner Karl Oyston as his mentor (great choice by the FA,i wonder how much he learned)

My gosh i hope the Danes are real!
    Last edited by bridpie78; 12-07-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post

Few people, even some Mansfield fans, are ecstatic about the Radfords reign but
    Would you care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Yellafella63 View Post
    Would you care to elaborate?
    I think they are doing a cracking job of keeping you in league 2 long may it continue.

Aww when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about a place in my hometown (called Smirthwaite, and we also call it 'sin city' for certain reasons lol).

My mistake, please move on everybody, theres nothing to see here.

We've got infrastructure; our own ground and a brand new training facility. We also have a planning application for a hotel and a new stand waiting to be submitted. We also have good business leaders in the club who drive revenue from several streams that keeps our club going. We also have a growing fan base and a philosophy of continued improvement.

I have watched this board for a while without commenting andI hope it gets sorted for you, but you are miles off being as stable as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    The old cliche: "Out of the frying pan into the fire", fits this scenario very well.

Norman Smurthwaite is a fullblown shyster - perhaps marginally better than the convicted criminal May but we are basically comparing thoroughly unscrupulous individuals who have NOTHING to offer Notts County except misery and terminal decline.

If the Danes are a figment of Hardy's psychosis then i'd rather the club went bust and reform at some later stage as AFC Notts County.

# shysters out
    Agree with this. Smurthwaite is seen by Vale fans much as Haslam is seen by Mansfield fans or Oyston by Blackpool. We’d be mental to in any way hope this bloke takes charge.

One can only hope if it is admin that there will be other, more palatable potential owners in the offing. If he’s hoping to pick us in admin, maybe there’s others waiting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Agree with this. Smurthwaite is seen by Vale fans much as Haslam is seen by Mansfield fans or Oyston by Blackpool. We’d be mental to in any way hope this bloke takes charge.

One can only hope if it is admin that there will be other, more palatable potential owners in the offing. If he’s hoping to pick us in admin, maybe there’s others waiting as well.

you seen his wiki page about his time at port vale?,its one of those stories we'd usually say could only happen to Notts horrendous he's like hardy but worse if you can imagine it!!
    a story of ego,social media,fallouts with fans,financial meltdown,lies lies lies and spite.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast