+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smurthwaite

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    We've got infrastructure; our own ground and a brand new training facility. We also have a planning application for a hotel and a new stand waiting to be submitted. We also have good business leaders in the club who drive revenue from several streams that keeps our club going. We also have a growing fan base and a philosophy of continued improvement.

I have watched this board for a while without commenting andI hope it gets sorted for you, but you are miles off being as stable as we are.
    'kin hell StagManStan, talk about stating the obvious!!

We are well and truly fcuked.

You on the other hand have another chance at promotion this season, under a currently stable owner and a competent setup. Whereas we have an outgoing nut-job / egomaniac, with the promise of the scum of the earth e.g Smurthwaite and the convicted criminal Alex May, sniffing around for the main chance, if or when the mysterious Danish consortium don't make it and we go into administration.

Bit of a no-brainer for which club is in the better position, wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    'kin hell StagManStan, talk about stating the obvious!!

We are well and truly fcuked.

You on the other hand have another chance at promotion this season, under a currently stable owner and a competent setup. Whereas we have an outgoing nut-job / egomaniac, with the promise of the scum of the earth e.g Smurthwaite and the convicted criminal Alex May, sniffing around for the main chance, if or when the mysterious Danish consortium don't make it and we go into administration.

Bit of a no-brainer for which club is in the better position, wouldn't you say?

Exactly. Pretty much any fan of any club could say "you are miles off being as stable as we are", because at the moment we are about as unstable as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Exactly. Pretty much any fan of any club could say "you are miles off being as stable as we are", because at the moment we are about as unstable as it gets.
    It's even open to debate whether someone as dire as Smurthwaite would be a bad move.

Its really hitting home now how bad things have got.....we wish we were mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Its really hitting home now how bad things have got.....we wish we were mansfield
    As long as we don't have to live there. Or even go there.

I really don’t think Leigh Curtis has any more of a clue what is going on than the rest of us but I suppose he has to tell us something because he has a job to do.

It's even open to debate whether someone as dire as Smurthwaite would be a bad move.
    Smurf exists, has run a club of our size for a few years and may be wiser for the experience. I'd take the devil I know over two of our three options . The Danes may be great , might not be but administration and liquidation are awful options and Smurf would at least drag us through this season and probably leave us in better shape for next.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Smurf exists, has run a club of our size for a few years and may be wiser for the experience. I'd take the devil I know over two of our three options . The Danes may be great , might not be but administration and liquidation are awful options and Smurf would at least drag us through this season and probably leave us in better shape for next.
    As a Valiant who has just been through his reign I’m pretty stunned by the hope some County fans are putting on Smurf.

He took us out of administration as we flew through a promotion then made error after error after error eventually almost losing us our league status, devastating our fan base and rotting out our club.

Luckily we had the owners of the successful business next door that desperate to save the club they love that they threw loads of money to get him gone (rumours around £4-5 million)

You only have to look at the revolution this summer with the atmosphere amongst fans, little things they’ve done to make us seem and feel professional again.

I love the Vale but myself along with much of the fan base was driven to constant worry about the future, the threat of genuinely losing the club we love and well have a read of our supporters club campaign which tells a lot of the story...

https://www.valeforsale.co.uk/the-norman-mysteries.php

As a club very similar to ours in size, even down to hating a cross city rival in red and white and trying to make a go of it against the adversity of being the smaller relative in a small two club city I hope you get sorted and return to the EFL with a decent owner. We had a very lucky escape... fingers crossed this time next year you have the positive feeling we are now about our future after years of darkness and despair.

I read loads of Vale fans despairing posts last season on the message boards and I have no doubt Smurthwaite isn't great, indeed was really poor for you but we're in a mightily deep hole where liquidation looks quite likely.
    Smurf always payed everyone and sold a functioning club on, that would be real progress right now and I'd snap your hand off for that kind of certainty and a guarantee of starting the season.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I read loads of Vale fans despairing posts last season on the message boards and I have no doubt Smurthwaite isn't great, indeed was really poor for you but we're in a mightily deep hole where liquidation looks quite likely.
    Smurf always payed everyone and sold a functioning club on, that would be real progress right now and I'd snap your hand off for that kind of certainty and a guarantee of starting the season.
    You should read the link that the vale fan posted,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast