+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Federer v Nadal

O/T Federer v Nadal

What can you say? Just awesome tennis. Two blowks who should be past their sell by date producing such brilliance. Only caught the latter end of the match mind but thoroughly enjoyable. Really wanted Nadal to make it 2 sets each to prolong the enjoyment but full credit to Federer, a true champion and a joy to watch. Another tennis classic awaits on Sunday in the final but I'll be otherwise engaged watching the cricket

Top class sport at it's finest , enjoyed every shot , what a fantastic contest .

I was pulling for Rafa just to take it in to a fifth set I was enjoying it so much .

What can you say about Federer ?

Nearly 38 years old ffs .

The man ain't human , simply the greatest tennis player ever .

And the best thing you can say about Feds (Federer) is he looks like Jimmy Carr's older secret brother.

This might sound daft, but as a left hander myself I would like to see Nadal win more tournaments!.
    But hes in an excellent era of mens tennis isnt he, with Feds & Djokovic around as well at the moment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Top class sport at it's finest , enjoyed every shot , what a fantastic contest .

I was pulling for Rafa just to take it in to a fifth set I was enjoying it so much .

What can you say about Federer ?

Nearly 38 years old ffs .

The man ain't human , simply the greatest tennis player ever .
    I think we've witnessed an era of tennis never to be surpassed. Federer, Nadal & Djokovic just unbelievably supreme. To think that Andy Murray took these guys on(true greats of the sport) and actually won majors and reached world number 1 sez an awful lot abart him. Why he gets shyte al nivver know. Any other era wid be looking at a British multiple grand slam champion I'm certain. We shud salute him. Ennyrooard, this int abart Murray as much as I'm a fan of him, today I witnessed summat special and maybe summat that's not going to happen anymore. A new era may well begin but I honestly think we'll not see the like of these guys for years & years

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And the best thing you can say about Feds (Federer) is he looks like Jimmy Carr's older secret brother.

This might sound daft, but as a left hander myself I would like to see Nadal win more tournaments!.
    But hes in an excellent era of mens tennis isnt he, with Feds & Djokovic around as well at the moment etc.

A dint want to know which hand tha jerks off wi Acido

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A dint want to know which hand tha jerks off wi Acido
    Ive got absolutely NO comment to make there Pass, no sir! lol.
    Although the word 'jerk' is an Americanism isnt it, are you a plastic yank ?.
    (and that sounds like yet another dirty euphamism doesnt it. Ive really got to be careful what I post on here these days. )

Win more tournaments , how many is it possible to win with Federer and Djokovic around plus our own Andy Murray prior to his injury ?

Nadal owns one of the slams on clay , practically unbeatable on that surface , won it 12 times , ain't nobody won Wimbledon 12 times and they never will .

Very understated is Nadal's record at Roland Garos because its deemed the weakest of the slams .

It's a funny thing is this with regard to who is the best player ever when you dig down in to the weeds .

Bjorn Borg won the French for fun and won Wimbledon five times on the trot , the ability to convert to clay from grass in a few weeks is immense but he overcame it and yet couldn't win the US Open in late September on an entirely different surface to clay and grass .

Rod Laver won all four slams in the same year although other than the French they were all played on grass back then so there's a big question mark there .

Federer has never beaten Nadal on clay in the French Open but Nadal has beaten Federer in a Wimbledon final .

Personally I'd give it Federer but you could make a very decent case for Nadal and Djokovic when you factor in all the slams .

You've got to credit Murray for winning three slams in this company and making god knows how many finals .

Gutted to have missed it. I don’t know why they can’t start the semi’s earlier in the day instead of playing into the evening, don’t they know we like to go out for a drink on a lovely summers night?
    it’s equivalent to Sky playing league matches on Saturday night. Have I mentioned I’m gutted to have missed it?

Im NOT a fan of Andy Murray Animal, as you know because we've discussed this on here before.
    But yes I agree he is one of the top players of this era, and tbh my only interest in tennis is when it comes to Wimbledon and the game on grass.

Im NOT a fan of Andy Murray Animal, as you know because we've discussed this on here before.
    But yes I agree he is one of the top players of this era, and tbh my only interest in tennis is when it comes to Wimbledon and the game on grass.
    Well that's fair enough but I never thought I'd ever see a Brit win the men's singles title at Wimbledon in my lifetime .

The fact he won it twice in the present company is actually staggering , he never had the natural talent of Federer , Djokovic or Nadal but he made up for it with sheer will and got every last drop out of what he had through hard work .

If our footballers had some of that we'd have won the world cup last year and that's why I respect the guy .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast