+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Official World Cup Final Thread England v New Zealand

Do NZ really believe they can beat the number one team in a World Cup Final on their own patch ?

This is the question .

Flip this one the other way and would you fancy our chances down under against a team as good as we have ?

However this is sport , nothing is ever that simple , I watched a little Romanian lass take the greatest ever female tennis player of all time to the cleaners this afternoon in less than an hour .

She put pressure on Williams and despite more slams and experience than you can shake a stick Williams had no answers .

NZ bat first and get 320 and we are in deep shyte .

The winning of the toss tomorrow is monumental in my opinion .

NZ will be hoping Guptil can get runs and Williamson continues his remarkable World Cup with another big score, Talyor not the player he was but still a threat, then down to Boult and Ferguson to perform with the ball. England on the other hand have a team full of potential match winners. NZ bat first need 275 to make England get into two minds on the run chase, England bat first and post 320 + game over.

Out into the garden for an hour then in the chair by 10-30 - enjoy the game guys

We'll soon find out how important winning the toss was.
    I'm not sure we're over reacting to 2 poor performances against Pakistan & Australia.
    Over the last 4 years we've chased down some big totals comfortably.
    I think over analysis is a big problem in sports these days.
    There are so many stats available and we know you can read anything you want into them.

Woakes is some bowler isn't he , great opening spell I thought and unlucky only to get the one wicket .

Good un to get though , need Williamson out , he looks in good nick .

Two quick wickets and we are in business now .

Well done Plunkett lad .

I was just starting to despair at our bowling after Woakes & Archer came off.
    Too many short & wide deliveries. NZ looked dangerous picking up easy singles with the odd boundary.
    Those 2 quick wickets change everything. Another one or 2 and they're up against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I was just starting to despair at our bowling after Woakes & Archer came off.
    Too many short & wide deliveries. NZ looked dangerous picking up easy singles with the odd boundary.
    Those 2 quick wickets change everything. Another one or 2 and they're up against it.

Agree, the 2 wickets have slowed the momentum New Zealand had built and another wicket (preferably Taylor) puts them bang under it

Get in! Taylor gone. Lets clean up now boys

I'd be tempted to bring Archer back and go for wickets now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I'd be tempted to bring Archer back and go for wickets now.

I would too. New Zealand need runs and have to take some chances whilst trying not to lose another wicket. Ad chuck him back in personally and see what happens

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast