+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T Official World Cup Final Thread England v New Zealand

Av been amused by a subtle new PC trend, especially on BBC, of referring to games like yesterday as "the mens' cricket final", implying that you might get confused with the womens' game of equal status and importance. Same thing is creeping into other sports.

Have the run out rules changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Have the run out rules changed?
    As far as I know only in the fact that now once a batsman has made his ground he is in, regardless of what happens after. Ie the bat bouncing up off the ground. If the batsman makes his ground but then attempts another run say due to a deflection or bad throw the usual rules are applied.

Hey lads, I know we've all had a week now to take this in etc lol.
    The fact that we as ENGLAND sports fans can say that we were around at the time, when we became Champions and the absolute BEST in the world etc. Wow, I still cant believe it happened like it did, and Ive only just calmed down about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Av been amused by a subtle new PC trend, especially on BBC, of referring to games like yesterday as "the mens' cricket final", implying that you might get confused with the womens' game of equal status and importance. Same thing is creeping into other sports.
    & how the chuff do they call the current ongoing womens match the Ashes ffs

They're pushing women's sport that hard now it's embarrassing and it's turning me against it.
    Equality is all well and good but top male sportsmen are always going to be stronger, faster and have more stamina than top female sportswomen. There will always be the odd exception but those qualities mean that men's football, cricket, rugby etc will attract more spectators, and more sponsorship.
    There will never be a women's tennis match to equal last week's Wimbledon final, there will never be a women's cricket match to equal last weeks World Cup final and The Ashes has over a 100 years history. Women can't just pitch stumps and call it The Ashes.
    I see they're trying to promote WSL by holding matches at Stamford Bridge & The Etihad before Premier League matches.
    It won't work, it didn't with women's cricket after they won their World Cup.
    I couldn't name you a single female cricketer besides Rachel Heyho-Flint, or more than half a dozen footballers even though the World Cup's just finished.
    It's like trying to name Minor County cricketers or non-league footballers - they're about the same level.
    The equal pay argument is interesting. Why would a women's World Cup footballer expect Premier League wages when they're no better than non-league men footballers? It wouldn't work that way in other professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    They're pushing women's sport that hard now it's embarrassing and it's turning me against it.
    Equality is all well and good but top male sportsmen are always going to be stronger, faster and have more stamina than top female sportswomen. There will always be the odd exception but those qualities mean that men's football, cricket, rugby etc will attract more spectators, and more sponsorship.
    There will never be a women's tennis match to equal last week's Wimbledon final, there will never be a women's cricket match to equal last weeks World Cup final and The Ashes has over a 100 years history. Women can't just pitch stumps and call it The Ashes.
    I see they're trying to promote WSL by holding matches at Stamford Bridge & The Etihad before Premier League matches.
    It won't work, it didn't with women's cricket after they won their World Cup.
    I couldn't name you a single female cricketer besides Rachel Heyho-Flint, or more than half a dozen footballers even though the World Cup's just finished.
    It's like trying to name Minor County cricketers or non-league footballers - they're about the same level.
    The equal pay argument is interesting. Why would a women's World Cup footballer expect Premier League wages when they're no better than non-league men footballers? It wouldn't work that way in other professions.
    Agree Hodger .

The womens singles final lasted less than an hour whilst the mens was the longest in history and both the winners received the same prize money .

Fecking ridiculous .

It's all abart men and women.

Worrabart competitions for the LGBTQ+ Community ? With equal pay.

Those in transgender (T) and those in a phase of Questioning (Q) their ***uality are being discriminated against.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456