+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Hardy killing us deliberately?

I think this has gone beyond calling people having a go at Hardy 'trolls'. Given that nearly every sane Notts fan can now see how he is destroying the club and are publically saying so on Twitter, Facebook, here or down the pub, the trolls are now the ones telling us he has the best of intentions, or he's doing the best he can and #we will be fine.

And no, people didn't just assume that account is Hardy's it has been shown to be the case with actual evidence, which people can choose to believe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    To me it’s starting to appear like a case of “I’ve lost millions so if I don’t get what I want for this club then there will be no club.”
    It's possible that this could be his reaction to some of the extreme abuse he's receiving, but I think something that actually matters even more to Hardy than money is his reputation, and I would be surprised if his ego could handle the thought of going down in history as the man who killed Notts County. He's playing a dangerous game of brinksmanship but I doubt that Armageddon would be his true aim.

Due to the lack of real information on the situation there's a lot of online hysteria filling the void, but it's not really helping. All we can really do is wait and hope that this time, Hardy's talk of "contracts being exchanged in the coming days" is more accurate than his previous statements.

Who on earth is going to give Hardy £5m and take on approx £9m of debt ie £14m for a National League club?

We are worth nothing and that’s a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Who on earth is going to give Hardy £5m and take on approx £9m of debt ie £14m for a National League club?

We are worth nothing and that’s a fact.
    Fair comment. I wouldn't pay 5p for the club, never mind £5 million, and I'm a fairly devoted fan. I'm not even investing money for my season ticket until this situation has been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's possible that this could be his reaction to some of the extreme abuse he's receiving, but I think something that actually matters even more to Hardy than money is his reputation, and I would be surprised if his ego could handle the thought of going down in history as the man who killed Notts County. He's playing a dangerous game of brinksmanship but I doubt that Armageddon would be his true aim.
    His reputation is beyond recovery. Surely all he wants now is an exit strategy that sees him keep as much of his money as possible, I don't think doing the best to save Notts is part of his current motivation at all. Now, you can't really blame someone for wanting to keep hold of their money, but it seems to me, by asking for a substantial sum for the shares, or even anything other than debts being paid off, he is risking everything because if we are liquidated, he gets nothing. It's not even a best interests decision on his behalf and he is placing his trust in deals that are totally one side in his favour being closed.

Also, if Notts go into liquidation, he will have some very tricky questions from the Receiver to answer and could possibly be banned from being a director or worse, given the cumulative effect of his other business failure at Paragon and his financial recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    His reputation is beyond recovery.
    It's certainly beyond recovery to anywhere near the level where he started, but time and history books do funny things. If he ultimately sold the club to owners who proved to be genuine and succeeded in restoring our league status, Hardy's tenure would probably be remembered over time as nothing more than a temporary blip rather than the fatal, defining moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Surely all he wants now is an exit strategy that sees him keep as much of his money as possible, I don't think doing the best to save Notts is part of his current motivation at all. Now, you can't really blame someone for wanting to keep hold of their money, but it seems to me, by asking for a substantial sum for the shares, or even anything other than debts being paid off, he is risking everything because if we are liquidated, he gets nothing. It's not even a best interests decision on his behalf and he is placing his trust in deals that are totally one side in his favour being closed.

Also, if Notts go into liquidation, he will have some very tricky questions from the Receiver to answer and could possibly be banned from being a director or worse, given the cumulative effect of his other business failure at Paragon and his financial recklessness.
    All valid arguments. It could have reached the stage where he feels he's got literally nothing left to lose by taking things to the wire, but let's hope not. Even if he gives up the club for nothing, it still takes the heat off him, in the same way that Ray Trew only gets the odd mention these days and will be forgotten even more over time. Hardy's best hope now is leave the club intact in the hands of a new owner and to be gradually forgotten.
    Last edited by jackal2; 13-07-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Last edited by SwalePie; 13-07-2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Quoted postcode from other poster earlier

Killing us softly, with his dong.
    Trashing our history, with his words.
    Killing us softly.
    With his dong.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Fair comment. I wouldn't pay 5p for the club, never mind £5 million, and I'm a fairly devoted fan. I'm not even investing money for my season ticket until this situation has been resolved.
    Sorry, you have to pay £1 - that is the minimum share value that Companies House will accept for a transfer of ownership and is how Poundpie got her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Sorry, you have to pay £1 - that is the minimum share value that Companies House will accept for a transfer of ownership and is how Poundpie got her name.
    Bloody hell. that's pricey! I'd rather buy a bag of Midget Gems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast