+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The personal abuse needs to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    Out of interest, does anyone think that the poster would really shoot AH or encourage someone else to? If the answer is yes, then call the police. It's a football forum where fans vent, although a tasteless comment, I think the reaction to it is a bit OTT.
    No I don't. As you say, it's probably people venting in an extreme moment, and in some cases they have subsequently apologised.

Ultimately, free speech should mean free speech, but there's nothing wrong with appealing to individuals to moderate their comments or withdraw/apologise for such comments. Whether those folk listen is a matter for them and their conscience.

The reality is that we don't currently live in a society with complete free speech and the rules written by the Notts MAD messageboard owners/moderators are based on preventing a situation where the messageboard could be forcibly taken down.

There have been a couple of untoward comments on this board - the “Shoot AH between the eyes” one being the nadir - but this is all pretty tame in comparison to what’s being said on Twitter, where the most common description of the chairman is a certain four-letter word beginning with c (and it ain’t clot).

The frustration is all completely understandable, but it risks turning very ugly today at Ilkeston and at the upcoming home friendlies. I hope for everyone’s sake, including our narcissistic chairman’s, that the club is sold in the next two weeks. And I also hope the truth one day emerges about what the hell has happened at Notts this past 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    He will/should remember it well as he copped some flak for his comments. Pot, kettle and all that
    Of course, I remember it. I was in no way abusive and nor would I jump on someone who posed such questions to AH. The context, let me remind you, was that the tensions between the Trews was a factor in some pretty crap decision making at the time. No one was wished dead or ill, simply gone from NCFC.
    I will have no further responses on this topic. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What is the Notts County fan base becoming?
    Alan Hardy has now been a target for a bullet between the eyes and someone wishing he would commit suicide. ON top of this, any matter of abuse and foul-mouthed has been aimed in his direction.
    To what end?
    Do people think that the more you target him, the sooner he will act to end this impasse?
    It is a mess and it's a mess largely of his making. There is a good chance NCFC will not even line up at Eastleigh for its first fixture (why else do you think the Vanarama people called a meeting).
    The only point of action for the fans is to get clarity on what's happening and I'm sure that's been tried. Surely, if the alleged Danish group were even close to closure, they would have made a statement.

Pot, kettle, black.

Out of interest, does anyone think that the poster would really shoot AH or encourage someone else to? If the answer is yes, then call the police.

It's a football forum where fans vent, although a tasteless comment, I think the reaction to it is a bit OTT.
    Yes but think of the kids, you always have to think of the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The posting of someone's home address is against the rules. Talk of bullets between the eyes and so on is plainly unacceptable in any way, shape or form. I do hope the posters responsible for these will backtrack urgently and delete them and any other posts potentially perceivable as incitement. These are from normally sane posters and I understand people are angry but please don't cross the line and get banned by FM admin or worse, get this place taken away from us all.
    Glad to see the spirit of the dog is at least alive.

If you want to hide your home address you use the business's or accountant's address as your registered address and not broadcast it to all and sundry who have 2 mins to look it up on Companies House.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Glad to see the spirit of the dog is at least alive.

If you want to hide your home address you use the business's or accountant's address as your registered address and not broadcast it to all and sundry who have 2 mins to look it up on Companies House.
    Not the point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not the point at all.
    I don't see why MAD would be bothered by the posting of an address, it would be different if they held the information and it had been leaked but when information is already, easily discoverable in the public domain, what's the big deal?

I don't see why MAD would be bothered by the posting of an address, it would be different if they held the information and it had been leaked but when information is already, easily discoverable in the public domain, what's the big deal?
    You can't see the problem with an individual's home address (whoever the individual is) being posted on here?

Really?

would you want your home address posting on here?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast