+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were you there on July 10th ?

Were you there on July 10th ?

Apart from the main players (Judge, solicitors etc.,) was anyone else actually present at the High Court hearing who could tell us what was said and what exactly convinced the judge to give the club an extension ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Apart from the main players (Judge, solicitors etc.,) was anyone else actually present at the High Court hearing who could tell us what was said and what exactly convinced the judge to give the club an extension ?

Yes, interview with two fans who went down has been on the Evening Post website this week.

I dont think anything was said really. Evidence was supplied the day before and it was "auto adjourned".

Thank you. This would make sense. However, having been involved in actions in the High Court in London and knowing how meticulous and difficult judges can be when it comes to evidence, I still don't see proof of any strong evidence being available to grant an extension; this in itself is evidenced by the fact that prior to the hearing staff and players were to be paid after the hearing and then when shove came to push, it appears that nobody was paid.

Thank you. This would make sense. However, having been involved in actions in the High Court in London and knowing how meticulous and difficult judges can be when it comes to evidence, I still don't see proof of any strong evidence being available to grant an extension; this in itself is evidenced by the fact that prior to the hearing staff and players were to be paid after the hearing and then when shove came to push, it appears that nobody was paid.
    I think the extension was given as some sort of evidence of talks taking place between AH & The Danes etc.

Now as many have said talks does not mean a done deal.

We have been led to believe The Danes have a meeting with the NL on 17th July that could be a critical day for us depending on what is said.

NL want solid proof they are serious and we can finish the season.

Even if we do get the ok if the likes of Hemmings Rose Bird Dennis walk out we might as well not turn up.

Apparently the club asked for a two week extension and the judge gave them three weeks.

I'm surmising, but I wonder if the message was "We've extended the deadline twice before and you've come back to say you're nearly over the line, so we'll give you one more week than you've requested this time, and that's your lot."

Last chance saloon.

This has been my biggest concern. Regarding money there have been an awful lot of false dawns. When the tax situation appeared it was simply dismissed by Hardy as almost a non concern and here we are several months later and hes still pulling the same stunts in regards to money to buy himself time. I will be astounded still if we do not end up in admin.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Apparently the club asked for a two week extension and the judge gave them three weeks.

I'm surmising, but I wonder if the message was "We've extended the deadline twice before and you've come back to say you're nearly over the line, so we'll give you one more week than you've requested this time, and that's your lot."

Last chance saloon.
    They also gave us an extra week at the previous hearing in June. It seems to be becoming a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    They also gave us an extra week at the previous hearing in June. It seems to be becoming a habit.
    Maybe the judge is a secret 'Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Maybe the judge is a secret 'Pie!
    Maybe the courts need 3 weeks to fit into their schedule. Nonetheless if he was a secret 'Pie' the kindest thing he could have done was to liquidate and put us out of our misery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast