+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Strange Things That Aren't As You Remember

Had no idea what a pub or a bookies looked like inside. Had to wait in the car while my uncle went in.
    He’d ask landlords if they would allow kids in. They always said no. Then he’d come out a few hours later and drive me home pissed. Just seemed normal at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I remember there being more drunks as a lad even though pubs were only open from 7pm to 10.30pm on a Sunday..
    How did they find the time
    True

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    True
    Maybe they were cramming in as much booze as possible in the restricted time available?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe they were cramming in as much booze as possible in the restricted time available?
    The last bus home with Tonto Ranger was always a laugh.

I remember when 69 meant the bus by Riley’s ticket office to Sheffield and feeling the heat on the way back from the ingots at Templeborough

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Had no idea what a pub or a bookies looked like inside. Had to wait in the car while my uncle went in.
    He’d ask landlords if they would allow kids in. They always said no. Then he’d come out a few hours later and drive me home pissed. Just seemed normal at the time.
    How did you get pissed while he was in the pub

Actresses who seemed old and unattractive when I was young have now become young and hot when I watch those films today? How did that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Unfortunately a tough upbringing in many ways scum but you have shown that with hard work,self belief,a little luck,and little help,that you can still turn out to be the success and gentleman that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Unfortunately a tough upbringing in many ways scum but you have shown that with hard work,self belief,a little luck,and little help,that you can still turn out to be the success and gentleman that you are.
    Thank you for such kind words DR. I’ve never found anything other than polite and affable.

The fact that all Doctors - Police - Fire brigade - persons of "authority" - all used to be very mature individuals you could admire and look up to.....NOW they're all bloody kids !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast