+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shay Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    He's easily one of the best footballers at the club. The flack he gets is totally unwarranted. I sometimes wonder if in some cases racism isn't behind the criticism of him.
    There have been a huge amount of stupid, ignorant and sometimes unnecessarily nasty posts on this board over the years, but your comment wins the prize for being the most stupid. The only instance I can recall regarding racism towards Logan stemmed from the Tonev incident against Celtic. Logan was staunchly and consistently defended on here and rightly so. There are a significant amount of posters on here and we have different views on virtually every matter affecting Aberdeen Football Club. The Tonev / Logan incident is quite honestly the only matter where there was utter consistency from posters on here. Logan gets criticism on here, and rightly so, as and when, his poor play deserves it, as do other players (some a lot more harshly treated than Logan), as do the management and Milne. To suggest racism is behind Logan appalling play in the last minute is quite frankly ridiculous. Celtic supporters outrageously slaughtered Logan regarding during and after the Tonev incident and he still gets huge amount of racism from Celtic supporters and your comment above leads me to believe that you too must be a Celtic supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Who’s your big team?
    I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Who’s your big team?
    That crossed my mind too, but I think he probably is a Dons fan , based on his previous posts.

More likely it’s someone who’s had a different username. Someone who tries to be controversial. Rocket Scientist , maybe ?

Over to you Mason ....you’re the expert on these matters

Hmm, leave this to the ab-mad off-topic internal affairs investigation branch. I'll get my best man on the case as soon as I find out who the best man is.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    There have been a huge amount of stupid, ignorant and sometimes unnecessarily nasty posts on this board over the years, but your comment wins the prize for being the most stupid. The only instance I can recall regarding racism towards Logan stemmed from the Tonev incident against Celtic. Logan was staunchly and consistently defended on here and rightly so. There are a significant amount of posters on here and we have different views on virtually every matter affecting Aberdeen Football Club. The Tonev / Logan incident is quite honestly the only matter where there was utter consistency from posters on here. Logan gets criticism on here, and rightly so, as and when, his poor play deserves it, as do other players (some a lot more harshly treated than Logan), as do the management and Milne. To suggest racism is behind Logan appalling play in the last minute is quite frankly ridiculous. Celtic supporters outrageously slaughtered Logan regarding during and after the Tonev incident and he still gets huge amount of racism from Celtic supporters and your comment above leads me to believe that you too must be a Celtic supporter.
    ^^^^^ This, apart from the last bit.

True non racism means you can praise or criticise an individual regardless of race.
    This includes the Jews ( different thread)

Same goes for sectarianism, McGinn may have been called a miserable faced b'astard on here many times.
    What he's never been called is a miserable faced catholic b@astard.

Racism is when somebody is called out for the colour of their skin.

A religion is not a race.

Two entirely different animals and a pox on the house of the SNP and the Scottish government lawdogs for conflating the two. Although I believe they are now thankfully rowing back on their mad sectarian laws. They really didn't think it through at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Hmm, leave this to the ab-mad off-topic internal affairs investigation branch. I'll get my best man on the case as soon as I find out who the best man is.
    Right here Boss, I'll expose this charlatan quicker than you can say "Overtime Approved". Normally I don't think the O/T squad should concern themselves with the Main Board fitba geeks but I can make an exception
    Last edited by StandfreeFM; 15-07-2019 at 10:16 AM.

There’s more than enough sh*te spoken about AFC on this board and some posters clearly shouldn’t be overextending themselves on more complex subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Racism is when somebody is called out for the colour of their skin.

A religion is not a race.

Two entirely different animals and a pox on the house of the SNP and the Scottish government lawdogs for conflating the two. Although I believe they are now thankfully rowing back on their mad sectarian laws. They really didn't think it through at all.
    Will you go back on what you said about our fans chanting etc to Logan and just admit you made it up?

Whataboutery of the highest order.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast