+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are We Having Some Kind of Defenders Garage Sale?

Are We Having Some Kind of Defenders Garage Sale?

With Tyler Denton now off to Stevenage (who?) we lose yet another defender. Doesn't MB know that even in Fantasy Football you are required to have a minimum number of players in each position?

We seem to be selling either good players or youth prospects but I haven't seen a lot of activity to unload the massive pile of expensive, and in most cases useless, deadwood that we still have on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    With Tyler Denton now off to Stevenage (who?) we lose yet another defender. Doesn't MB know that even in Fantasy Football you are required to have a minimum number of players in each position?

We seem to be selling either good players or youth prospects but I haven't seen a lot of activity to unload the massive pile of expensive, and in most cases useless, deadwood that we still have on the books.
    That's because whilst the youth team/development squad products have some value, the dross we picked up when our much respected DoF was first appointed are about as valuable as a bad smell. Isn't that obvious? (it clearly is to any football club management with a few grey cells between their ears).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    That's because whilst the youth team/development squad products have some value, the dross we picked up when our much respected DoF was first appointed are about as valuable as a bad smell. Isn't that obvious? (it clearly is to any football club management with a few grey cells between their ears).
    you clearly neither understand nor care to either how FFP works or the principles of sound business management or you are again being contrary young Jacob. Last year you complain of bloated squad - the club off loads players who under MB are unlikely to get a place and you bleat and slag Orta.

Every club with a good academy ends up selling players that won’t cut it with that club to make room for the cycle to begin. Scientists are still looking for super massive black holes - they could do worse than look between your ears

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    scientists are still looking for super massive black holes - they could do worse than look between your ears
    Now that is funny.

you clearly neither understand nor care to either how FFP works or the principles of sound business management or you are again being contrary young Jacob. Last year you complain of bloated squad - the club off loads players who under MB are unlikely to get a place and you bleat and slag Orta.

Every club with a good academy ends up selling players that won’t cut it with that club to make room for the cycle to begin. Scientists are still looking for super massive black holes - they could do worse than look between your ears
    And you call me stupid. My post had NOTHING TO DO WITH FFP!!!!!!

I was quite specific in my response to Ubique, shame you seem bent on slagging me off rather than reading my post. I have (for years) complained of a bloated squad, (not that any other f00ker seemed to agree that the likes of Anita, Grot, Ineguchi, etc etc et-f00king-cetera, were wastes of space and never likely to provide any kind of value for money as long as they had a hole in their ar5e). The club HAVE NOT "offloaded players who (acquired as 1st team players) under MB are unlikely to get a place"!

Have you not seen the latest headline? We "appear" to have sold Ekuban, (after how long, FFS!!!!????). Grot has just been loaned out (again!!!!!!!). Ineguchi is still on our books, as is Sacko!!!!!! FFS man, slag me off for being wrong by all means, but on this I'm NOT wrong. Its you who are deluded if you think we have offloaded those who are costing us the most money, we haven't. THAT was my point, the expensive dross drafted in during the "supermarket sweep" days when Orta came on board are, mostly, still with us, whereas we seem more than willing to dispense with relatively inexpensive players who other clubs obviously see something in (bit like Bielsa seeing something in Klich, and Phillips, and others, and doing something with them). Not criticising either other clubs for taking the products of our academy, nor Bielsa (if its he who has made the decisions) for offloading if those youth players aren't going to fit into his way of play. My criticism, as it has always been, is aimed at the DoF and owner, for drafting in a load of sh1t in the guise of player who had the remotest chance of being Leeds 1st team quality

And the crack about super massive black holes, sidesplitting, just poorly targeted.
    Last edited by WTF11; 13-07-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And you call me stupid. My post had NOTHING TO DO WITH FFP!!!!!!

I was quite specific in my response to Ubique, shame you seem bent on slagging me off rather than reading my post. I have (for years) complained of a bloated squad, (not that any other f00ker seemed to agree that the likes of Anita, Grot, Ineguchi, etc etc et-f00king-cetera, were wastes of space and never likely to provide any kind of value for money as long as they had a hole in their ar5e). The club HAVE NOT "offloaded players who (acquired as 1st team players) under MB are unlikely to get a place"!

Have you not seen the latest headline? We "appear" to have sold Ekuban, (after how long, FFS!!!!????). Grot has just been loaned out (again!!!!!!!). Ineguchi is still on our books, as is Sacko!!!!!! FFS man, slag me off for being wrong by all means, but on this I'm NOT wrong. Its you who are deluded if you think we have offloaded those who are costing us the most money, we haven't. THAT was my point, the expensive dross drafted in during the "supermarket sweep" days when Orta came on board are, mostly, still with us, whereas we seem more than willing to dispense with relatively inexpensive players who other clubs obviously see something in (bit like Bielsa seeing something in Klich, and Phillips, and others, and doing something with them). Not criticising either other clubs for taking the products of our academy, nor Bielsa (if its he who has made the decisions) for offloading if those youth players aren't going to fit into his way of play. My criticism, as it has always been, is aimed at the DoF and owner, for drafting in a load of sh1t in the guise of player who had the remotest chance of being Leeds 1st team quality

And the crack about super massive black holes, sidesplitting, just poorly targeted.
    FFP is also relevant to why we need to sell players and looks like they have agreed a deal to sell Sacko but if he goes I am sure you will find a negative slant to that too.

True the comparison to black holes was ill judged as they are actually interesting.

all you do is spout negative bile but in doing do tend to belittle and denigrate anyone with a different view - when anyone dares to treat you as you treat others you cry like a little kid who realises he has written a proverbial cheque he can’t cash.

Anyways,

Quote Originally Posted by wtf11 View Post
    and you call me stupid. My post had nothing to do with ffp!!!!!!

I was quite specific in my response to ubique, shame you seem bent on slagging me off rather than reading my post. I have (for years) complained of a bloated squad, (not that any other f00ker seemed to agree that the likes of anita, grot, ineguchi, etc etc et-f00king-cetera, were wastes of space and never likely to provide any kind of value for money as long as they had a hole in their ar5e). The club have not "offloaded players who (acquired as 1st team players) under mb are unlikely to get a place"!

Have you not seen the latest headline? We "appear" to have sold ekuban, (after how long, ffs!!!!????). Grot has just been loaned out (again!!!!!!!). Ineguchi is still on our books, as is sacko!!!!!! Ffs man, slag me off for being wrong by all means, but on this i'm not wrong. Its you who are deluded if you think we have offloaded those who are costing us the most money, we haven't. That was my point, the expensive dross drafted in during the "supermarket sweep" days when orta came on board are, mostly, still with us, whereas we seem more than willing to dispense with relatively inexpensive players who other clubs obviously see something in (bit like bielsa seeing something in klich, and phillips, and others, and doing something with them). Not criticising either other clubs for taking the products of our academy, nor bielsa (if its he who has made the decisions) for offloading if those youth players aren't going to fit into his way of play. My criticism, as it has always been, is aimed at the dof and owner, for drafting in a load of sh1t in the guise of player who had the remotest chance of being leeds 1st team quality

and the crack about super massive black holes, sidesplitting, just poorly targeted.

waaaaaahhhhhhhhh i'll shout till you give up and i can claim i'm right

Why you having ago at him? Isn't it what he was saying? Only reason we are selling all this young players is cause we can't sell the other crap that were brought in by you know who.
    Sometimes we need to sit back and think what someone is saying not look at the name and go f this not again.
    I like some get upset with wtf but i always read what he says and he means well and he is spot on a lot of the time so we need a break and attack a story not a poster.

FFP is also relevant to why we need to sell players and looks like they have agreed a deal to sell Sacko but if he goes I am sure you will find a negative slant to that too.

True the comparison to black holes was ill judged as they are actually interesting.

all you do is spout negative bile but in doing do tend to belittle and denigrate anyone with a different view - when anyone dares to treat you as you treat others you cry like a little kid who realises he has written a proverbial cheque he can’t cash.

Anyways,
    FFP is NOT relevant to the posts I have contributed on this thread (and you and other accuse me of hijacking threads!!!)

If we sell Sacko, Anita, Grot, Ekuban, Cibicki, Inegichu AND Saiz (and others I've forgotten about, (same as the club)), then very well done, but I'm not holding my breath, we've been trying for too long for any club with sense to offer anything for then.

If you want to suggest that there is anything positive about retaining any of those players on the Leeds United payroll, please go ahead and let us all know. As for "crying like a little kid" PLEASE try, really, really, REALLY try to find ONE comment where I have suggested I am in ANY WAY complaining about the sh1t I get, unlike others who get all worked up when I give as good as I get? And if, just if, you decide to spend your time doing that, and come up empty-handed, maybe, just maybe you might have the spine to admit it, then again, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Why you having ago at him? Isn't it what he was saying? Only reason we are selling all this young players is cause we can't sell the other crap that were brought in by you know who.
    Sometimes we need to sit back and think what someone is saying not look at the name and go f this not again.
    I like some get upset with wtf but i always read what he says and he means well and he is spot on a lot of the time so we need a break and attack a story not a poster.
    Leave it Oz, they're not going to change, then again, nether am I.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)