+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    No , of course he shouldn’t. Ridiculous to suggest blaming him. Maybe different if he’d been sent off and left us a man short.
    I'd agree with that

Harsh to blame Ojo as well as he was just jockeying the Georgian player , and couldn’t really avoid making contact when the Georgian turned into him.
    It is harsh, but regardless, it was a penalty because there was contact in the box. The run into the box wasn't a threat and he got too tight as opposed to ushering him wide.

Considine at fault as usual. Watch the penalty kick again. Makes no attempt whatsoever to stop the boy from scoring. Just lets him run.
    Absolutely.
    Considine is always at fault .

Still Thatcher for me.

Carry on.

Considine at fault as usual. Watch the penalty kick again. Makes no attempt whatsoever to stop the boy from scoring. Just lets him run.
    Joe Lewis would easily have saved if not distracted by Considine's failure to track the boy's run ... so double points tae Conesy.

No , of course he shouldn’t. Ridiculous to suggest blaming him. Maybe different if he’d been sent off and left us a man short.

Harsh to blame Ojo as well as he was just jockeying the Georgian player , and couldn’t really avoid making contact when the Georgian turned into him.

Taylor not to blame directly for the goal obviously - but my point is that more generally he is to blame for us not winning. As hopeless as he is, if he'd stayed on the park we would have kept the formation, gameplan etc that saw us playing the game in the final third up until the point he went off. To me there's no difference in him getting sent off and lunging into an unnecessary tackle and injuring himself so he has to go off. I guess you could also point the finger at McInnes for having no defenders on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Taylor not to blame directly for the goal obviously - but my point is that more generally he is to blame for us not winning. As hopeless as he is, if he'd stayed on the park we would have kept the formation, gameplan etc that saw us playing the game in the final third up until the point he went off. To me there's no difference in him getting sent off and lunging into an unnecessary tackle and injuring himself so he has to go off. I guess you could also point the finger at McInnes for having no defenders on the bench.
    And if Taylor hadn’t committed the foul and it led to a goal or even just a chance for them , then no doubt you and plenty others would have been criticising him for that.

Highly unusual for a player committing that sort of foul to be injured in the process , so hardly foreseeable that Taylor would have to come off by making that challenge. Also highly unusual for a ref to give a straight red for that challenge relatively early in the game.

By all means he deserves criticism for getting himself into a situation where he had to lunge in like that and mistimed it. But to blame him for the performance of his teammates after he had to go off is ridiculous.

And if Taylor hadn’t committed the foul and it led to a goal or even just a chance for them , then no doubt you and plenty others would have been criticising him for that.

Highly unusual for a player committing that sort of foul to be injured in the process , so hardly foreseeable that Taylor would have to come off by making that challenge. Also highly unusual for a ref to give a straight red for that challenge relatively early in the game.

By all means he deserves criticism for getting himself into a situation where he had to lunge in like that and mistimed it. But to blame him for the performance of his teammates after he had to go off is ridiculous.
    Exactly. It’s not even debatable. Ridiculous.

This thread is effin bonkers.

This points system...it's not like it's completely arbitrary pie in the sky bollix, is it?

Anyway, plough on...as you were, J_V.

Quote Originally Posted by jannie_versace View Post
    This thread is effin bonkers.
    No.
    The correct answer is Margaret Hilda Thatcher.
    We established this some time ago.

Carry on.

t is harsh, but regardless, it was a penalty because there was contact in the box. The run into the box wasn't a threat and he got too tight as opposed to ushering him wide..
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's a contact sport (or it used to be). Contact does not mean foul/penalty

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    No.
    The correct answer is Margaret Hilda Thatcher.
    We established this some time ago.

Carry on.
    Say what you like about thatcher but when armed Iranian nutjobs stormed the embassy and took 26 hostages there was only one person she was ever gonna call. That's right, the 1st Daviot/Oldmeldrum scout troop air rifle runner up.

I'd post a photo of my medal but technically it's all still classified.

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast