+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

OK, Ah've had a look ... and a couple mair looks. The damage is done when Naismith finds a pass intae the middle for Ikpeazu tae run ontae ... takin 3 of our players (Ferguson, Hedges and Ojo out of the picture. As I see it, our back four at this point were exactly where they were supposed to be, but what the f**k was Ojo doing? There were already two players on Naismith. As I understand, Ojo's position is in front of the back four. Had he been there, rather than being in a position where he was actually superfluous to requirement, the huge space Ikpeazu ran into would not have been there.

So, sorry guys, As much as I have been impressed with Ojo .... very impressed! ... for me, he gets the point.

I can see why Conesi could be regarded as at fault, but that pass to Walker is damn good ... because it is in his path. I believe Conesi reacts slowly because it appears that McKenna has the better chance of intercepting ... and McKenna reacts slowly because it appears to him that Conesi is better placed..... but it's the quality of the pass that brings that situation about. .... a pass which would have not happened, or at least not have gone any further had Ojo supported his defence rather than doing nothing other than watching a mid and a winger pretending to be defenders, and having the piss ripped out of him along with the other two.

Edit ..... by a horrible, horrible c*nt!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    OK, Ah've had a look ... and a couple mair looks. The damage is done when Naismith finds a pass intae the middle for Ikpeazu tae run ontae ... takin 3 of our players (Ferguson, Hedges and Ojo out of the picture. As I see it, our back four at this point were exactly where they were supposed to be, but what the f**k was Ojo doing? There were already two players on Naismith. As I understand, Ojo's position is in front of the back four. Had he been there, rather than being in a position where he was actually superfluous to requirement, the huge space Ikpeazu ran into would not have been there.

So, sorry guys, As much as I have been impressed with Ojo .... very impressed! ... for me, he gets the point.

I can see why Conesi could be regarded as at fault, but that pass to Walker is damn good ... because it is in his path. I believe Conesi reacts slowly because it appears that McKenna has the better chance of intercepting ... and McKenna reacts slowly because it appears to him that Conesi is better placed..... but it's the quality of the pass that brings that situation about. .... a pass which would have not happened, or at least not have gone any further had Ojo supported his defence rather than doing nothing other than watching a mid and a winger pretending to be defenders, and having the piss ripped out of him along with the other two.

I did consider that Considine and McKenna were left unprotected but my analysis wasn't as in depth as yours, maybe a point each for Ojo and Considine as the latter was slow to anticipate the danger. Even if he thought McKenna was better positioned he was ball watching to an extent where he should have been busting a gut to get back into position.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    I did consider that Considine and McKenna were left unprotected but my analysis wasn't as in depth as yours, maybe a point each for Ojo and Considine as the latter was slow to anticipate the danger. Even if he thought McKenna was better positioned he was ball watching to an extent where he should have been busting a gut to get back into position.
    Good points.
    I'dd add that the pass to Walker was from Ikpeazu, who was a striker. Ojo wasn't man marking Ikpeazu, nor Walker to be fair.
    It was a great spot and pass from Naismith, cutting out our midfield to be fair.

I think its harsh on Ojo, butif you really feel he is deserving of a point, then that's the concensus.

I'll have another look to see where the rest of the Hearts players were at.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    How did they vote ?

Red John - McInnes
    rico94 - Considine
    blowupsheep - Cosgrove
    afc1903mad - McGhee
    Donsdaft - Kenny McLean
    Shay Logan - abody else
    Pac-Man - Scousers
    57 Vintage - cock and balls
    JackJarvis - half empty mini bus driver
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Good points.
    I'dd add that the pass to Walker was from Ikpeazu, who was a striker. Ojo wasn't man marking Ikpeazu, nor Walker to be fair.
    It was a great spot and pass from Naismith, cutting out our midfield to be fair.

I think its harsh on Ojo, butif you really feel he is deserving of a point, then that's the concensus.

I'll have another look to see where the rest of the Hearts players were at.
    Agree it would be harsh, but ...... Hmmm ... tricky ... can see grounds for attributing some blame to Considine, but then I would have to equally question McKenna.

A point each to both plus one to Ojo would be over the top, wouldna like to choose one on behalf of everyone else contributing to this thread, for myself tho, I would still say it as Ojo's name is on it on the grounds that his positioning and inaction was key to the move which left our CBs exposed.

First goal has to be down to Hedges seeing as he was marking Naismith. But you'd also have to question the wisdom of asking someone who is not.really a defender to mark a poacher/predator of that quality. That said , Naismith had literally , just come on so maybe we hadn't sorted out who was going to be marking who at set-pieces. If so , then that would be down to the manager as it was inevitable that Naismith would be coming on at some point.

Second goal is down to a collective breakdown in communication and switching off , but Considine is probably the most culpable as he doesn't bust a gut to track Walker's run , even though Walker wasn't really his man. Theres no real danger until Ikpeazu gets the ball in acres of space and is allowed all the time he needs to pick out the right pass. McKenna should have realised that Considine had tracked Washington and wasn't in a position to close down Ikpeazu. He should have been roaring at somebody to close him down, possibly Gallagher. In McKenna's defence he was clearly aware of the danger of Walkers run.
    No blame on Ojo at all in my book. He at least tried to get challenges in on Naismith and Hickey,. but just failed to get to the ball or the man.

Ach weel, 1 point is not gonna make a lot of difference over a season ... I propose we exonerate McKenna, and hit Consi and Ojo with one each.
    Anybody else?

I blame Jackjarvis as he has been inconspicuous by his absence. -1 to the half empty minibus namer.

Ach weel, 1 point is not gonna make a lot of difference over a season ... I propose we exonerate McKenna, and hit Consi and Ojo with one each.
    Anybody else?
    Right final points to be made and then try and collate the concensus on Hearts second goal.
    I’m nae for attributing any blame towards Ojo. First he hooked the ball clear, then he closed down Naismith (second ball) as the ball was put back up the pitch, then following up challenging the boy hickey (third ball) before it landed at Naismith again to thread the pass.
    If he was out of position, then it was because he was doing too much and covering for others.

McKenna had full visibility and they would have trained 2v1’s many a time. His positioning didn’t try to force Ikpeazu wide whilst anticipating the pass to Walker and trying to cut out the pass. He backed off and allowed Ikpeazue the time to pick the pass.

So Considine still for me, but also McKenna for not at least attempting to defend the 2v1 situation as he should have.

Afc1903mad - Considine 1, McKenna 1
    NaeMareNeeps - Considine 1, Ojo 1
    Redstafk - Considine 1
    RedBul666 - Considine 1, Ojo 1
    Aberdonianace - Gallagher 1

So it appears definitely Considine should get a point and really reviewing if we finally think Ojo, McKenna or Gallagher also deserve a point as well.

Canna help but think, if there was another angle tae view, we might aa hae second thoughts

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast