+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Some boy, and a fine loon.

When I used to work at an immoral FE institution in Gallowgate (Gulagate, according to we, the incarcerated), I used to escape the ****e for an hour by having my lunch at HM Theatre. Byrne was in there one day with the late Ken Scotland, casting for the stage production of Tutti Frutti. He caught my eye as I got up to leave and I nodded in recognition. He asked me to sit down and we had a great chinwag for 15 minutes or so, and the humbl(ebum)ing thing was that he was as interested in what I was up to in life, as much as I was in his art, Gerry and the backstories of The Slab Boys, Tutti Frutti and Your Cheating Heart.

The Rendezvous Gallery had an exhibition of some of his smaller artworks just before Christmas 2017, and if I could have afforded something, I'd have had it, as his stuff is beguiling. He's probably the nearest I've ever been to meeting a Beatle. He designed a cover for Doll's House, the running title for what became The White Album.

National treasure.

Attachment 13543
    Attachment 13544
    You can pick up his current artwork at a reasonable price. The place I go for a coffee and the much forgotten scone usually has his work hanging for a gallery in town. I'll get back to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You can pick up his current artwork at a reasonable price. The place I go for a coffee and the much forgotten scone usually has his work hanging for a gallery in town. I'll get back to you on that.
    Chester Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    If Leigh and Vyner are getting-1 point then Considine should be getting -2. He was the main culprit.
    Cosgrove again for me as he still is in possession of and contract with our club

Harsh on Considine for him to be singled out as being at fault. I think all of the back four were collectively to blame.
    Leigh and McKenna between them could have done more to stop Magennis from getting the ball into the box.
    When Magennis got the ball Vyner was marking Durmus and Considine was marking Obika. Vyner let Durmus get away from him , presumably thinking Considine would mark him instead. And maybe Considine had taken on the responsibility for picking up Durmus, but we can't say what communication there was between him and Vyner from the video clip. Seems to me though that we'd have had a better chance of preventing the goal if Vyner had tracked Durmus and Considine had stuck with Obika.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Harsh on Considine for him to be singled out as being at fault. I think all of the back four were collectively to blame.
    Leigh and McKenna between them could have done more to stop Magennis from getting the ball into the box.
    When Magennis got the ball Vyner was marking Durmus and Considine was marking Obika. Vyner let Durmus get away from him , presumably thinking Considine would mark him instead. And maybe Considine had taken on the responsibility for picking up Durmus, but we can't say what communication there was between him and Vyner from the video clip. Seems to me though that we'd have had a better chance of preventing the goal if Vyner had tracked Durmus and Considine had stuck with Obika.
    So collectively they are all to blame but McKenna, Leigh and Vyner are the ones that are really to blame for the goal?

So collectively they are all to blame but McKenna, Leigh and Vyner are the ones that are really to blame for the goal?
    No. You missed out Considine.

So collectively they are all to blame but McKenna
    Completely disagree having watched a few times.

When McKenna goes to challenge Magennis, this has a twofold effect. He causes Leigh to slow his run ... by essentially blocking his path.

Also, he leaves a huge gap between himself and Considine for Durmus to exploit.

Ojo could surely have been quicker and got himself involved, Consi and Vyner might have done better if the had been given a shout regarding Durmus's movement ... they were facing the direction of play at the time and would not have seen Durmus, but ....

If not for McKenna's move, I am convinced Leigh would have gotten a lot closer to Magennis, perhaps even blocked the pass, and McKenna himself would have been in a better position to challenge Durmus.

Watch again guys, and you'll see that Leigh was well on course to catch Magennis until McKenna commited himself wide ... only to be taken out of play.

If Leigh is at all to blame, then it is perhaps for trusting McKenna to make an effective challenge, and in spite of recognising that Considine, Ojo and Vyner could have had a better influence on the situation, for me, the point goes to McKenna.

Mcginn for both

Everybody is at fault. especially Milne & McInnes

McInnes should be receiving a -50 for starting the match with 1 up front and after going 2 goals down he takes off a winger and puts on another defensive player. He must be taking bungs...nobody is that inept.

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast