+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Milne

Although the last 3 terrible performances and results began just after McKennas transfer request I dont think that' has anything to do with it. Probably didnt help but our squad is not good enough!

Depressing fact is the huns will probably take Celtic right to the wire for the league title, we will be battling for top 6 and maybe 3rd'4th . Woudbt be surprised yo see crowds being between 9k-12 this season for most of it

At the risk of being repetitive. Milne and McInnes.

Afcmad doesn't seem to give points against them though. However it seems you're only allowed to give stick to the players in his world.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Completely disagree having watched a few times.

When McKenna goes to challenge Magennis, this has a twofold effect. He causes Leigh to slow his run ... by essentially blocking his path.

Also, he leaves a huge gap between himself and Considine for Durmus to exploit.

Ojo could surely have been quicker and got himself involved, Consi and Vyner might have done better if the had been given a shout regarding Durmus's movement ... they were facing the direction of play at the time and would not have seen Durmus, but ....

If not for McKenna's move, I am convinced Leigh would have gotten a lot closer to Magennis, perhaps even blocked the pass, and McKenna himself would have been in a better position to challenge Durmus.

Watch again guys, and you'll see that Leigh was well on course to catch Magennis until McKenna commited himself wide ... only to be taken out of play.

If Leigh is at all to blame, then it is perhaps for trusting McKenna to make an effective challenge, and in spite of recognising that Considine, Ojo and Vyner could have had a better influence on the situation, for me, the point goes to McKenna.
    I’ve watched again looking specifically at your points.
    I think McKenna had to go across as Leigh was never getting back in time. The only reason it looks like he’s getting close is because McKenna coming across slows down the St Mirren winger

Ojo was never getting back in time either, so it’s also down to poor commas between Vyner and Considine on the switchover.

As it stands. (after the St Mirren game)
    Logan - 3 points
    Considine - 3 points.
    Ojo - 2 points
    Campbell - 1 point.
    Devlin - 1 point
    Ferguson - 1 point
    Hedges - 1 point
    Leigh - 1 point
    McKenna - 1 point
    Vyner - 1 point

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    My first impression was that Ojo the first goal... then proceeded to get himself sent off.
    I fully agree here.
    Ojo stopped tracking the player run to redirect the first goal in.

The second on, I think Logan and indeed Lewis could both have got to the cross and if not coming for the cross, to get beaten at the near post, through his legs from a wide header is not great for a goalkeeper.
    I think Logan was more to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    At the risk of being repetitive. Milne and McInnes.

Afcmad doesn't seem to give points against them though. However it seems you're only allowed to give stick to the players in his world.
    Lol, desperation DR, sheer desperation.
    I’ve said before points can be awarded to the manager if there is a demonstrable impact to the goals conceded.
    The chairman is not on the touch line or involved with the team on match days so I’d find it hard to see where you can tactically or physically apportion blame.
    Football is played on the pitch and once the players cross the line, they need to take responsibility.

Can you share why you think McInnes should share some blame for the goals conceded?

A small part of me thought the Chickhura goal conceded was partly to blame from the tactical adjustments when Taylor went off.
    I believe I said so at the time.
    I’ll be interested to see where you blame McInnes for the goals last night.

I blame afc1903mad for thinking McInnes is doing a good job.

2785pts

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I blame afc1903mad for thinking McInnes is doing a good job.

2785pts
    If only I had your Barcelona head youth knowledge and training

I love it when a good europa league drubbing brings us all together.

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast