+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 521 to 535 of 535

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

  1. #521
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    151
    Mclennan wimped out of pretty much every 50/50 on Sunday. I was going aff my heed

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiesd View Post
    Mclennan wimped out of pretty much every 50/50 on Sunday. I was going aff my heed
    Team of pooves. That's a massive part of the problem.

    Looking forward to the new cormack training centre out in the frozen tundra sorting them all out.

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McLennan is 20 years old and has played 1 full season for the first team, yes he is inconsistent but he has already done more at Aberdeen than Wilson ever will.

    Wilson’s clearly been told he would be playing out wide so there’s no excuse for him looking uninterested because he is not playing in his preferred position,why he re signed for us is beyond me.

    He maybe played for Man Utd a couple of times but so did Ben Thornley,like Thornley all he’s done since he’s been here is name dropped all the super stars he used to train with.
    Yes he's only 20... at that age Wilson had played in the EPL for one of the biggest clubs in the world and was one of the hottest prospects in the country. He's still only 23, but clearly his career has nosedived down to the level of mainly sitting on the bench at Aberdeen. Let's give it 3 years and see where McLennan is - he's started at the level Wilson has ended up at, and I'd suspect in 3 years time he'll be playing for Peterhead or the likes. I've nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's going to make it at the top.

    I take your point though about Wilson knowing the position he was likely to be played in etc - it mystifies me 1) why he signed and 2) why McInnes signed him. However it doesn't take away from the fact he's a better player than McLennan is and will ever be (just my opinion).

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Team of pooves. That's a massive part of the problem.

    Looking forward to the new cormack training centre out in the frozen tundra sorting them all out.
    Yup, soft bunch - physically and mentally. Shinnie's aggression, passion and will to win was obviously carrying the team a lot more than we thought.

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yup, soft bunch - physically and mentally. Shinnie's aggression, passion and will to win was obviously carrying the team a lot more than we thought.
    Absolutely spot on. We are missing Shinnie big time. We are needing a decent captain also...Joe Lewis unfortunately has no influence on the match.

  6. #526
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,928
    Here’s a take on players like McLennan’s development or lack of. Could it be down to being made to fit into McInnes’ safety first tactics? Having attacking players use a fair bit of their energy defending instead of allowing them to be who they are and express themselves. They start off like that, come through the ranks as exciting youth, get the crowds going, then at some inevitable point, it’s drained out of them.

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yes he's only 20... at that age Wilson had played in the EPL for one of the biggest clubs in the world and was one of the hottest prospects in the country. He's still only 23, but clearly his career has nosedived down to the level of mainly sitting on the bench at Aberdeen. Let's give it 3 years and see where McLennan is - he's started at the level Wilson has ended up at, and I'd suspect in 3 years time he'll be playing for Peterhead or the likes. I've nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's going to make it at the top.

    I take your point though about Wilson knowing the position he was likely to be played in etc - it mystifies me 1) why he signed and 2) why McInnes signed him. However it doesn't take away from the fact he's a better player than McLennan is and will ever be (just my opinion).
    Not sure if Wilson was ever one of the hottest prospects in the country, he scored 2 goals in an end of season game then hardly played after that. He struggled to get into a very average Man Utd team and was loaned out to various championship clubs where his performances and attitude were the same as they have been with us.

    It wasn’t that long ago everyone was moaning about the fact McInnes never gave young players a chance,now that he has with McLennan and McKenna they seem to get a fair bit of stick.

    They are young players who are going to be inconsistent,you would be better off trying to make excuses for them instead of making excuses for a guy because he used to play for Man Utd.

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Here’s a take on players like McLennan’s development or lack of. Could it be down to being made to fit into McInnes’ safety first tactics? Having attacking players use a fair bit of their energy defending instead of allowing them to be who they are and express themselves. They start off like that, come through the ranks as exciting youth, get the crowds going, then at some inevitable point, it’s drained out of them.
    You definitely have a valid point. We are not playing to our players strengths. Our players are forced to play a style and a system that obviously doesn’t suit them. Our manager still thinks he can pull this off but as fans we can see the glaring obvious that the way we play doesn’t look like it is working. We might not be qualified football managers but I can certainly tell you one thing...it wouldn’t take me more than a couple of games before I realised it wasn’t working. Anyone worth their salt can see our players as a team aren’t suited to the style McInnes craves.

  9. #529
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Here’s a take on players like McLennan’s development or lack of. Could it be down to being made to fit into McInnes’ safety first tactics? Having attacking players use a fair bit of their energy defending instead of allowing them to be who they are and express themselves. They start off like that, come through the ranks as exciting youth, get the crowds going, then at some inevitable point, it’s drained out of them.
    If only Ryan Fraser has stayed derek could have made a mediocre fight back out of him.

  10. #530
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    If only Ryan Fraser has stayed derek could have made a mediocre fight back out of him.
    Now, now. Everyone knows by now that Agent Orange doesn't like a player with "fight".

  11. #531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    787
    Derek McInnes: Aberdeen boss understands fan 'hysteria' but vows to improve results
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225268

    Case closed.

  12. #532
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It wasn’t that long ago everyone was moaning about the fact McInnes never gave young players a chance,now that he has with McLennan and McKenna they seem to get a fair bit of stick.

    They are young players who are going to be inconsistent,you would be better off trying to make excuses for them instead of making excuses for a guy because he used to play for Man Utd.
    Fair points - McInnes is giving youth a chance mainly because his signings have been rubbish and / or injury prone. The one youngster who really deserves a chance is Bruce Anderson but he doesn't get a sniff because he doesn't fit into McInnes system. McLennan's had a fair bit of game time because our wingers have been dreadful over the last year or so, or have consisted of people like Stevie May being played out of position.

    I want our young players to do well and make it, and I think we can allow a bit for them being inconsistent, but I just don't think any of them are good enough - time will tell though.

    I do think, as others have said, that our attacking players as a whole - particularly the wide players (including both McLennan and Wilson) are asked to do a ridiculous amount of defensive work in the system we play. They often spend more time defending than they do attacking which is crazy considering we usually already have 7 or 8 defensively minded players on the park.

  13. #533
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,225
    sorry, been a bit lapse this week, following the nae Cnut at fault in the Hamilton and Killie games.


    As it stands. (after the Killie game)
    Considine - 5 points (16 appearances, 2 yellows)
    Devlin - 6 points (8 appearances, 1 yellow)
    Logan - 4 points (14 appearances, 5 Yellows)
    Vyner - 4 points (9 appearances, 1 yellow)
    Ojo - 2 points (10 appearances, 5 yellows, 1 red (second yellow))
    Hedges - 2 points (15 appearances, 2 yellows)
    Lewis - 2 points (17 appearances, 1 Yellow)
    Campbell - 1 point (11 appearances, 2 Yellows)
    McKenna - 2 points (12 appearances)
    Leigh - 2 points (14 appearances)
    Ferguson - 2 points (15 appearances, 2 yellows, 1 red)
    McGinn - 2 points
    Gallagher - 1 point (17 appearances)
    Ross E - 1 point (2 appearances)

    Appearances to be updated later.

  14. #534
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,225
    Seems a bit harsh, but Ferguson conceded the pen with the ball hitting his arm

    As it stands. (after the Ross County game)
    Devlin - 6 points (12 appearances, 2 yellows)
    Considine - 5 points (20 appearances, 3 yellows)
    Logan - 4 points (18 appearances, 5 Yellows)
    Vyner - 4 points (12 appearances, 3 yellows)
    Ferguson - 3 points (18 appearances, 3 yellows, 1 red)
    Ojo - 2 points (10 appearances, 5 yellows, 1 red (second yellow))
    Hedges - 2 points (18 appearances, 2 yellows)
    Lewis - 2 points (21 appearances, 1 Yellow)
    Campbell - 1 point (14 appearances, 3 Yellows)
    McKenna - 2 points (16 appearances, 1 Yellow)
    Leigh - 2 points (16 appearances, 1 Yellow)
    McGinn - 2 points (21 Appearances, 1 Yellow)
    Gallagher - 1 point (19 appearances)
    Ross E - 1 point (3 appearances)

  15. #535
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,225
    Definitely McInnes changed the game taking off Main and putting on Bryson.
    I presume he was trying to draw St Johnstone out to create more space and counter attack, but it failed and gave them the confidence to push on.

    On the pitch, it was definitely Devlin’s fault in my opinion.
    Dived in, not winning the ball and couldn’t recover to let the boy Kennedy score.

    As it stands. (after the St Johnstone game)
    Devlin - 7 points (12 appearances, 2 yellows)
    Considine - 5 points (20 appearances, 3 yellows)
    Logan - 4 points (18 appearances, 5 Yellows)
    Vyner - 4 points (12 appearances, 3 yellows)
    Ferguson - 3 points (18 appearances, 3 yellows, 1 red)
    Ojo - 2 points (10 appearances, 5 yellows, 1 red (second yellow))
    Hedges - 2 points (18 appearances, 2 yellows)
    Lewis - 2 points (21 appearances, 1 Yellow)
    Campbell - 1 point (14 appearances, 3 Yellows)
    McKenna - 2 points (16 appearances, 1 Yellow)
    Leigh - 2 points (16 appearances, 1 Yellow)
    McGinn - 2 points (21 Appearances, 1 Yellow)
    Gallagher - 1 point (19 appearances)
    Ross E - 1 point (3 appearances)

    *appearances to be updated later when I can be @rsed

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •