+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    1st Devlin - turned too easy but also thought Vyner should get a mention as after watching a player coming in after turning a defender, he should have stepped into the middle of the pitch to block the direct route to goals as a defensive midfielder should do (sweep in front of your back 2) I'm not putting the blame on Leigh (as it was also his job) as he had dropped into centre back to cover Devlin when he stepped up and was picking up a player I think
    I agree, definitely Devlin. I'm not sure why he went so long. He should have pushed him onto the midfield.
    I thought McKenna was beat too easily too.
    I wouldn't apportion blame to Vyner as he was covering a midfielder and would have expected McKenna who was not marking anyone to put a foot in.

2nd McKenna - thought he should have step closer to mcginn to get the ball but then also letting the cross pass him
    There was a few who could have done better from Devlin to stop the cross to McKenna / Logan / Lewis, failing in the stramash at the 6 yard box, but I ultimately thought this started from McGinn who had the opportunity to gain possession but fcuked it up. He was definitely scared of the Celtic youngster

3rd McKenna - for leaving a massive channel, he was the free centre back so should be the player that blocks the direct route to goal
    When you see the goal from behind the goals you watch him following the ball on that direct line to goal but when the ball gets moved back across he doesn't move and leaves a massive channel - this one was hard as being fair it was a brilliant team goal
    It was a brilliant team goal and a brilliant through ball, but for me Leigh fails to track Forrest's run.

4th Devlin - not picking up when looking at a free man
    [/quote]
    For me, McGinn again sh@t his pants letting the Celtic youngster have too much space and both Vyner and Devlin should have done better with the cross

Not a single player should pick up a wage this week.

In fact most should be transfer listed in January. They're just not the standard our club needs or deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I've said before, I don't think the guy is going to make it. He just plays like he's that greedy annoying kid in the school playground - he doesn't really know what he's doing - when it works it's more by luck than skill and it looks good, but more often than not it doesn't and he's a waste of time. I'd personally rather have Scott Wright than McLennan but McLennan is better built physically to be a McInnes player. He did nothing yesterday and didn't really look interested. Not sure why Hedges isn't getting a game, he's looked like the best of the summer signings (which wouldn't be hard)
    He’s better than James Wilson.

In fact every thing you just said about McLennan could be said about Wilson.

The highlight of his career will be that he played for Man Utd a couple of times.

Thatcher.

Not long back from Lidl. Front page of the paper, murder or something. Flicked it over to the back page. Banner headline "SORRY".

Who was apologising and was that a direct quote?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He’s better than James Wilson.

In fact every thing you just said about McLennan could be said about Wilson.

The highlight of his career will be that he played for Man Utd a couple of times.
    I know you hate Wilson, so whatever I say here won't make a difference, but he is a far better player than McLennan. If the highlight of his career is that he played for Man Utd a few times that will be significantly greater than McLennans, who wouldn't get within 100 miles of playing for Man Utd reserves a few times.

Wilson offered nothing yesterday, which was the same as McLennan - the difference is McLennan gets played in his favoured position, whereas Wilson is getting employed in a position he clearly isn't suited to and doesn't enjoy.

I know you hate Wilson, so whatever I say here won't make a difference, but he is a far better player than McLennan. If the highlight of his career is that he played for Man Utd a few times that will be significantly greater than McLennans, who wouldn't get within 100 miles of playing for Man Utd reserves a few times.

Wilson offered nothing yesterday, which was the same as McLennan - the difference is McLennan gets played in his favoured position, whereas Wilson is getting employed in a position he clearly isn't suited to and doesn't enjoy.
    Correct DC Mclennan is a headless chicken and soft as a skitter,his career and Scott Wrights will go the same as Cammy Smith,just not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Correct DC Mclennan is a headless chicken and soft as a skitter
    "soft as a skitter" had me chuckling for some reason, but pretty spot on.

McLennan is 20 years old and has played 1 full season for the first team, yes he is inconsistent but he has already done more at Aberdeen than Wilson ever will.

Wilson’s clearly been told he would be playing out wide so there’s no excuse for him looking uninterested because he is not playing in his preferred position,why he re signed for us is beyond me.

He maybe played for Man Utd a couple of times but so did Ben Thornley,like Thornley all he’s done since he’s been here is name dropped all the super stars he used to train with.

, but he is a far better player than McLennan. If the highlight of his career is that he played for Man Utd a few times that will be significantly greater than McLennans, who wouldn't get within 100 miles of playing for Man Utd reserves a few times.
    Surely he could get a game for Northwhich Victoria or Altrincham

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast