+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Mclennan wimped out of pretty much every 50/50 on Sunday. I was going aff my heed

Quote Originally Posted by jamiesd View Post
    Mclennan wimped out of pretty much every 50/50 on Sunday. I was going aff my heed
    Team of pooves. That's a massive part of the problem.

Looking forward to the new cormack training centre out in the frozen tundra sorting them all out.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McLennan is 20 years old and has played 1 full season for the first team, yes he is inconsistent but he has already done more at Aberdeen than Wilson ever will.

Wilson’s clearly been told he would be playing out wide so there’s no excuse for him looking uninterested because he is not playing in his preferred position,why he re signed for us is beyond me.

He maybe played for Man Utd a couple of times but so did Ben Thornley,like Thornley all he’s done since he’s been here is name dropped all the super stars he used to train with.
    Yes he's only 20... at that age Wilson had played in the EPL for one of the biggest clubs in the world and was one of the hottest prospects in the country. He's still only 23, but clearly his career has nosedived down to the level of mainly sitting on the bench at Aberdeen. Let's give it 3 years and see where McLennan is - he's started at the level Wilson has ended up at, and I'd suspect in 3 years time he'll be playing for Peterhead or the likes. I've nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's going to make it at the top.

I take your point though about Wilson knowing the position he was likely to be played in etc - it mystifies me 1) why he signed and 2) why McInnes signed him. However it doesn't take away from the fact he's a better player than McLennan is and will ever be (just my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Team of pooves. That's a massive part of the problem.

Looking forward to the new cormack training centre out in the frozen tundra sorting them all out.
    Yup, soft bunch - physically and mentally. Shinnie's aggression, passion and will to win was obviously carrying the team a lot more than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yup, soft bunch - physically and mentally. Shinnie's aggression, passion and will to win was obviously carrying the team a lot more than we thought.
    Absolutely spot on. We are missing Shinnie big time. We are needing a decent captain also...Joe Lewis unfortunately has no influence on the match.

Here’s a take on players like McLennan’s development or lack of. Could it be down to being made to fit into McInnes’ safety first tactics? Having attacking players use a fair bit of their energy defending instead of allowing them to be who they are and express themselves. They start off like that, come through the ranks as exciting youth, get the crowds going, then at some inevitable point, it’s drained out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yes he's only 20... at that age Wilson had played in the EPL for one of the biggest clubs in the world and was one of the hottest prospects in the country. He's still only 23, but clearly his career has nosedived down to the level of mainly sitting on the bench at Aberdeen. Let's give it 3 years and see where McLennan is - he's started at the level Wilson has ended up at, and I'd suspect in 3 years time he'll be playing for Peterhead or the likes. I've nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's going to make it at the top.

I take your point though about Wilson knowing the position he was likely to be played in etc - it mystifies me 1) why he signed and 2) why McInnes signed him. However it doesn't take away from the fact he's a better player than McLennan is and will ever be (just my opinion).
    Not sure if Wilson was ever one of the hottest prospects in the country, he scored 2 goals in an end of season game then hardly played after that. He struggled to get into a very average Man Utd team and was loaned out to various championship clubs where his performances and attitude were the same as they have been with us.

It wasn’t that long ago everyone was moaning about the fact McInnes never gave young players a chance,now that he has with McLennan and McKenna they seem to get a fair bit of stick.

They are young players who are going to be inconsistent,you would be better off trying to make excuses for them instead of making excuses for a guy because he used to play for Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Here’s a take on players like McLennan’s development or lack of. Could it be down to being made to fit into McInnes’ safety first tactics? Having attacking players use a fair bit of their energy defending instead of allowing them to be who they are and express themselves. They start off like that, come through the ranks as exciting youth, get the crowds going, then at some inevitable point, it’s drained out of them.
    You definitely have a valid point. We are not playing to our players strengths. Our players are forced to play a style and a system that obviously doesn’t suit them. Our manager still thinks he can pull this off but as fans we can see the glaring obvious that the way we play doesn’t look like it is working. We might not be qualified football managers but I can certainly tell you one thing...it wouldn’t take me more than a couple of games before I realised it wasn’t working. Anyone worth their salt can see our players as a team aren’t suited to the style McInnes craves.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    If only Ryan Fraser has stayed derek could have made a mediocre fight back out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    If only Ryan Fraser has stayed derek could have made a mediocre fight back out of him.
    Now, now. Everyone knows by now that Agent Orange doesn't like a player with "fight".

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast