+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Just to be a wee bit pedantic .
    That must've been 1981
    Surely it was when Maggot was the Education minister in the 70's Heath government?

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Surely it was when Maggot was the Education minister in the 70's Heath government?
    I used to hate drinking my milk at school. Pushing a straw through the silver top into invariably warm milk or in winter it would actually have ice forming in it.

She's to be commended for getting rid of it albeit about five years too late to save me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    I used to hate drinking my milk at school. Pushing a straw through the silver top into invariably warm milk or in winter it would actually have ice forming in it.

She's to be commended for getting rid of it albeit about five years too late to save me.
    Helped to destroy fitba though Scotland produced good players when they were bandy legged some of my relatives were taller sitting doon than standing up!

I wisnae at school then and I got free milk in the first few years.
    81 sounds about right, could be wrong but it certainly wisnae 71.

P.S. just googled it and it was stopped for secondary school in 71, primary must have been a decade later

Scurvy and Rickets. Two of Scotland's best players 😃

I wisnae at school then and I got free milk in the first few years.
    81 sounds about right, could be wrong but it certainly wisnae 71.

P.S. just googled it and it was stopped for secondary school in 71, primary must have been a decade later
    Well i was at school right through the 70s (so smart i was advanced several years of course) and i am pretty sure milk stopped early 70s.

Just to be a wee bit pedantic .
    That must've been 1981
    Nope.
    It was when the wretched, evil, cu nt was in the Heath government in the early 70s.

Well i was at school right through the 70s (so smart i was advanced several years of course) and i am pretty sure milk stopped early 70s.
    I started school in, what, 68 and I got milk up to about Primary 4......mebbe 5, so that would've been 72 or 73 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I started school in, what, 68 and I got milk up to about Primary 4......mebbe 5, so that would've been 72 or 73 ish.
    Exactly as i remember.

Nope.
    It was when the wretched, evil, cu nt was in the Heath government in the early 70s.
    I found this online
    In 1968 - free milk was abolished in secondary schools, and in 1971, Baroness Thatcher, who was Education Secretary in the early 1970s, ended free school milk for children over the age of seven.
    That'll explain why I still go free milk in the late 70's and early 80's for Primary 1,2 & 3.
    In Primary 4, I was 7, so didn't get then

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast