+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

I'm tempted to lock this thread. It's got the potential to stir up far too much controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You'd need for bring that up with the OP who has been on a relentless mission to stop all subjective thoughts. JJ then appears to say the usual pish "that's far too objective for here...".

A never ending cycle of pish.
    Fake news. I'm not against subjective opinions. You just need to accept there may be alternative considerations

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    I'm tempted to lock this thread. It's got the potential to stir up far too much controversy.
    Delusions of grandeur

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Delusions of grandeur
    So newco then

Delusions of grandeur
    Steady on. I'm not that old.

Tonight, as there was contact, you’d have to say Ojo was at fault for conceding the pen. 1 point.
    I’d also say Logan, operating at left back failed to pressurise the winger to make an easy through ball. 1 point.

As it stands.
    Logan - 2 points
    Ferguson - 1 point
    Devlin - 1 point
    McKenna - 1 point
    Considine - 1 point.
    Ojo - 1 point

Tonight, as there was contact, you’d have to say Ojo was at fault for conceding the pen. 1 point.
    I’d also say Logan, operating at left back failed to pressurise the winger to make an easy through ball. 1 point.

As it stands.
    Logan - 2 points
    Ferguson - 1 point
    Devlin - 1 point
    McKenna - 1 point
    Considine - 1 point.
    Ojo - 1 point
    The finger of blame for everything that went wrong in that game should be pointed at Ashley Taylor. Big useless heap of rubbish decides to take someone out unnecessarily from behind, gets himself a yellow card and an injury at the same time. Him going off led to a total reshuffle which meant several players playing out of position. If he'd stayed on the park and everyone stayed in the positions they started the game I'm pretty sure we'd have won the match without any bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The finger of blame for everything that went wrong in that game should be pointed at Ashley Taylor. Big useless heap of rubbish decides to take someone out unnecessarily from behind, gets himself a yellow card and an injury at the same time. Him going off led to a total reshuffle which meant several players playing out of position. If he'd stayed on the park and everyone stayed in the positions they started the game I'm pretty sure we'd have won the match without any bother.
    I agree our game plan changed when Taylor went off.
    At the time, I thought it was a good professional foul, Logan had pushed forward into midfield, Taylor had come across to cover and McKenna has also been attracted over to the RB position, so when the Chikhura player had gotten past Taylor and was cutting inside into the heart of our defence, with both CB’s out of position, I thought it was right to make the foul and get re-organised.
    Looking back though, we had plenty of other cover, so it was unnecessary.

Injuries can happen at anytime and the goal conceded was still about 1/w hour after the change.
    Maybe you could argue that McInnes was partly at fault for the reorganisation of the team, but putting Gallagher at right back seemed logical, but it’s obvious Logan at LB didn’t work.

What do others think, should Taylor be attributed to the goal after going off injured 30 mins earlier?

What do others think, should Taylor be attributed to the goal after going off injured 30 mins earlier?
    No , of course he shouldn’t. Ridiculous to suggest blaming him. Maybe different if he’d been sent off and left us a man short.

Harsh to blame Ojo as well as he was just jockeying the Georgian player , and couldn’t really avoid making contact when the Georgian turned into him.

Considine at fault as usual. Watch the penalty kick again. Makes no attempt whatsoever to stop the boy from scoring. Just lets him run.

If he stayed on they could have scored 2/3 so probably better he put the tackle in

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast