+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    classic deflection.

Maybe you’ve been out too long, but basic pass and move drills building block incorporating a 3rd person in the drills is very standard nowadays.
    Very effective when the team was playing 4v4’s, into 5v5’s, 7’s and 9’s
    No doubt will also be beneficial when we move into full 11-a-side games.

These are all positive attacking plays though and absolutely nothing to do with reviewing the negative aspects of who’s at fault when losing goals which brings me back round to the point made that the 3rd man would never be at fault when looking at it from a defensive point of view, because they are in the attacking team.

If you were an academy coach, you’d have known that
    Perhaps you could use your Pep skills to explain to DM to explain to our defence how you pick up the third man then?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Perhaps you could use your Pep skills to explain to DM to explain to our defence how you pick up the third man then?
    Aldo the Academy Coach

Aldo the Academy Coach

I know you enjoy sitting here day after day with an individual fruit trifle but if you are so inclined, then feel free to DM (not the Pittodrie bar moncler type) and I'll be happy to send you some links, pictures and blurbs. What you do with them is up to you I suppose *shudders*

Given the discussions on who was at fault for the goal against RoPS, I thought it might be worthwhile keeping a tally of who we think was at fault through the season.
    Obviously there will be debates about who was at fault, but hopefully we can agree with who was involved.

To kick off I suggest:-

Logan - 1 point - Gave the ball away with a slack pass
    Ferguson - 1 point - Slow to close down the receiving RoPS player
    Devlin - 1 point - failed to cover the run of the scorer
    To follow up with the reverse fixture, I reckon both McKenna and Considine was at fault for their goal.

Long punt up and their striker managed to cushion the ball off his thigh to their wide player that Considine failed to follow.
    Wasn’t impressed with Taylor turning his back (he did it a couple of times), but don’t think he was at fault.

1 point each to McKenna and Considine

Can we give Cosgrove a few points for the sitters?

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Can we give Cosgrove a few points for the sitters?
    He certainly could have had a hat-trick and the same last week.
    This is a thread about who’s at fault for conceding goals though.

I similarly thought McInnes should have made more changes and earlier, but they were contributors to their goal either.

With respect surely you can't have a "fa's to blame" when we win a match.

For my money if we persevered with Cosgrove he'd of bagged another before the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    With respect surely you can't have a "fa's to blame" when we win a match.

For my money if we persevered with Cosgrove he'd of bagged another before the end of the game.
    1. Every game the target is a clean sheet so if we concede it's not a perfect performance so it's who's at fault for that.

2. Cosgrove doesn't chase down the ball, he needed to come off for someone who would when our legs were going and they would have a better chance to come into it.
    Granted he took his pen well but he don't absolutely nothing In that game except balloon glorious chances.
    I don't know what main, may and Wilson are thinking sitting on the bench watching this waste of a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    1. Every game the target is a clean sheet so if we concede it's not a perfect performance so it's who's at fault for that.

2. Cosgrove doesn't chase down the ball, he needed to come off for someone who would when our legs were going and they would have a better chance to come into it.
    Granted he took his pen well but he don't absolutely nothing In that game except balloon glorious chances.
    I don't know what main, may and Wilson are thinking sitting on the bench watching this waste of a shirt.
    Jesus wept you're a barrel of laughs you eh. We've just gone into the next round and comfortably. Let your hair town and enjoy it min 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Jesus wept you're a barrel of laughs you eh. We've just gone into the next round and comfortably. Let your hair town and enjoy it min 😃

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast