+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s At Fault?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I blame the fans.
    Especially the ones that actually went to the game. Pant-pishing happy clappers.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You’re not sure? Yet I know it’s taught and works well in match play.
    All built from simple basic drills.
    The kids prefer these sort of drills as opposed to simple.

It is amazing though how many adults are oblivious to the concept.
    Many are not even aware of receiving the ball on the back foot or why it’s effective.
    That's the basics from Guardiola at Barcelona but as far as I'm aware it's only introduced to older kids there, obviously for a good reason. What do they know though...

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Inversneckie Dob - Thatcher
    Ben stopped playing a few years back.
    As for the mini bus driver, unless he is of the half empty brigade mindset, you cannot put any blame on him/her.......well, can you?

SF

You’re not sure? Yet I know it’s taught and works well in match play.
    All built from simple basic drills.
    The kids prefer these sort of drills as opposed to simple.

It is amazing though how many adults are oblivious to the concept.
    Many are not even aware of receiving the ball on the back foot or why it’s effective.
    Our coaching methods are that advanced that even the top coaches don’t want to waste their time understanding the Craig Brown coaching methods. They have stood us in good stead though as we have a remarkable impact on world football with our sublime coached players.

Back to the original point...I blame the SFA and Craig Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's the basics from Guardiola at Barcelona but as far as I'm aware it's only introduced to older kids there, obviously for a good reason. What do they know though...
    Good Eeen.

Aldo the Barcelona coach

“As far as you’re aware” - so you could be wrong then. Which you are

Good Eeen.

Aldo the Barcelona coach

“As far as you’re aware” - so you could be wrong then. Which you are
    Yes could be, I was never involved with U8s. That's why I said
    "I'm not sure" and "as far as I'm aware". You'll know though so I'd like some links to the Barcelona Training manual please. I know you love a link request. Also, how does training U8s cope with no indoor facilities these days? Is there an issue with all the modern techniques from Barcelona you are teaching them? Does coaching in the rain, wind and cold make much of a difference with the skill and technique based training?

Yes could be, I was never involved with U8s. That's why I said
    "I'm not sure" and "as far as I'm aware". You'll know though so I'd like some links to the Barcelona Training manual please. I know you love a link request. Also, how does training U8s cope with no indoor facilities these days? Is there an issue with all the modern techniques from Barcelona you are teaching them? Does coaching in the rain, wind and cold make much of a difference with the skill and technique based training?
    What age at Barcelona were you coaching? I was going to ask you for some training drills as I was not aware of your pedigree.

I basically attend a number of coaching courses, review existing material and adapt to suit amongst other things.

To answer your deflection questions, it is better to train outdoors wherever possible, but without professional facilities, we do use indoor facilities at times to protect the pitch. It’s important to train in all weather elements where possible.

Seeing as you were also looking for a link, here’s a good link showing very simple training drill basics that are the basis and development of the third man concept
    https://tacticalpedia.com/english-fc...-pass-control/

Anyway, a tad off topic, it should be taken elsewhere. Join a local club if your interested and swap ideas with as many coaches as you can

What age at Barcelona were you coaching? I was going to ask you for some training drills as I was not aware of your pedigree.

I basically attend a number of coaching courses, review existing material and adapt to suit amongst other things.

To answer your deflection questions, it is better to train outdoors wherever possible, but without professional facilities, we do use indoor facilities at times to protect the pitch. It’s important to train in all weather elements where possible.

Seeing as you were also looking for a link, here’s a good link showing very simple training drill basics that are the basis and development of the third man concept
    https://tacticalpedia.com/english-fc...-pass-control/

Anyway, a tad off topic, it should be taken elsewhere. Join a local club if your interested and swap ideas with as many coaches as you can
    The "bolded" part is my favourite quote from you so far which is saying something.

I don't see anything about the third man coaching for U8s though. Only reason I brought it up as I was involved in a youth academy, you might guess which one from my constant defending of them on here (I've never defended Barcelona). Many of my mates still are. Your constant know-it-all pish now extends to youth football which is a recent introduction to your repertoire. Impressive stuff. Once I get some free time I might join a local club again, my mates now at a good old fashioned club in Paisley. I could ask him and then tap into your forward thinking approach. Unless Pep is after you.

The "bolded" part is my favourite quote from you so far which is saying something.

I don't see anything about the third man coaching for U8s though. Only reason I brought it up as I was involved in a youth academy, you might guess which one from my constant defending of them on here (I've never defended Barcelona). Many of my mates still are. Your constant know-it-all pish now extends to youth football which is a recent introduction to your repertoire. Impressive stuff. Once I get some free time I might join a local club again, my mates now at a good old fashioned club in Paisley. I could ask him and then tap into your forward thinking approach. Unless Pep is after you.
    classic deflection.

Maybe you’ve been out too long, but basic pass and move drills building block incorporating a 3rd person in the drills is very standard nowadays.
    Very effective when the team was playing 4v4’s, into 5v5’s, 7’s and 9’s
    No doubt will also be beneficial when we move into full 11-a-side games.

These are all positive attacking plays though and absolutely nothing to do with reviewing the negative aspects of who’s at fault when losing goals which brings me back round to the point made that the 3rd man would never be at fault when looking at it from a defensive point of view, because they are in the attacking team.

If you were an academy coach, you’d have known that

classic deflection.

Maybe you’ve been out too long, but basic pass and move drills building block incorporating a 3rd person in the drills is very standard nowadays.
    Very effective when the team was playing 4v4’s, into 5v5’s, 7’s and 9’s
    No doubt will also be beneficial when we move into full 11-a-side games.

These are all positive attacking plays though and absolutely nothing to do with reviewing the negative aspects of who’s at fault when losing goals which brings me back round to the point made that the 3rd man would never be at fault when looking at it from a defensive point of view, because they are in the attacking team.

If you were an academy coach, you’d have known that
    Ouch, wet fish right to the chops for Aldo.

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast