+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorers and Assists

My son is on a football scholarship at a uni in the US. They are stats mad and post stats for anything and everything. He was raging a few months ago after he was hacked down from behind whilst clean through on goal and about to shoot. He was injured and had to go off to get treatment. He is their normal penalty taker but wasn't allowed back on to take the penalty. Surprisingly, in their stat filled world, the person fouled for the penalty does not get the assist. Munch to his annoyance.

For what it's worth, I think Ferguson should get the assist.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    My son is on a football scholarship at a uni in the US. They are stats mad and post stats for anything and everything. He was raging a few months ago after he was hacked down from behind whilst clean through on goal and about to shoot. He was injured and had to go off to get treatment. He is their normal penalty taker but wasn't allowed back on to take the penalty. Surprisingly, in their stat filled world, the person fouled for the penalty does not get the assist. Munch to his annoyance.

For what it's worth, I think Ferguson should get the assist.
    They do track everything.
    We were offered a deal on insoles that track a number of things.

We decided against it as the boys feet grow so quickly and you can visibly tell how someone is developing, but it won’t be long till these things are cheap enough that you can get for the whole team and set challenges in the team.

NI don’t think you can give an assist tonight as the pen was given for handball. More of a ricochet to put the ball up there than a deliberate pass.

Goalscorers
    Cosgrove 3
    Ferguson 1
    McGinn 1

Assisted
    Ferguson 1
    Gallagher 1
    Hedges 1
    Wright 1

Not been updated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not been updated yet?
    Fcuk me, I’m just back face the game.

First goal, great passing play ended up Gallagher setting up Cosgrove
    Second goal, great volley by Ferguson for Cosgroves diving header
    Third goal, Ferguson dink for Leigh to head home
    Fourth goal, great swift play, started by Gallagher to win the ball back, then quickly from Ojo, to Ferguson, to Gallagher to finally set up Wright
    Finally 5th goal, great tackle by Logan (after he had initially lost the ball) to set up Cosgrove

Goalscorers
    Cosgrove 6
    Ferguson 1
    Leigh 1
    McGinn 1
    Wright 1

Assisted
    Ferguson 3
    Gallagher 3
    Hedges 1
    Wright 1
    Logan 1

[QUOTE=afc1903mad;39285598]First goal, great passing play ended up Gallagher setting up Cosgrove
    Fourth goal, great swift play, started by Gallagher to win the ball back, then quickly from Ojo, to Ferguson, to Gallagher to finally set up Wright
    Finally 5th goal, great tackle by Logan (after he had initially lost the ball) to set up Cosgrove

Goalscorers
    Cosgrove 6
    Ferguson 1
    Leigh 1
    McGinn 1
    Wright 1

Assisted
    Ferguson 3
    Gallagher 3
    Hedges 1
    Wright 1
    Logan 1[/QU
    Me and my loon both thought it was Hedges the volleyed in the cross for the second. You sure it was Ferguson ? Whoever it was , that was the top moment of the game. A touch of class

[QUOTE=redstarfk;39285651]
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    First goal, great passing play ended up Gallagher setting up Cosgrove

Goalscorers
    Cosgrove 6
    Ferguson 1
    Leigh 1
    McGinn 1
    Wright 1

Assisted
    Ferguson 3
    Gallagher 3
    Hedges 1
    Wright 1
    Logan 1[/QU
    Me and my loon both thought it was Hedges the volleyed in the cross for the second. You sure it was Ferguson ? Whoever it was , that was the top moment of the game. A touch of class
    It was definitely Ferguson. At the game I thought it was a hopeful thump. Having seen it back on RedTV it looks like very quick reactions to play the right ball in.

Afc1903mad has asked me to apologise on his behalf for the delay in updating this thread, since I am more able than he to use a keyboard, due to a post match injury he sustained.

He is still awaiting treatment at ARI due to the fact that many others suffered the same bruised palms type injury at approximately the same time causing long queues at a time, where, being on a Sunday, following a typical busy Saturday night, staffing levels were at breaking point.

Luckily, due to an unusual surplus of nurses, normally fully taken up with appointments and emergencies with incontinence patients, the staffing situation as been resolved, and Afc1903mad should be on the mend soon, and provided he does not further aggravate his injuries by relieving his post match chubby, he will update those figures we are all patiently waiting for

‘Winning a penalty’ is as bad as ‘contact …. entitled to go down’: Donsdaft’s neoliberalism on this thread is disappointing. A coconut is won, a penalty is awarded – there should be no connection between the two. Scythed down with a goal scoring opportunity is a red card. That should be the criterion for an assist nothing else. A meaningless blooter which some halfwitted defender meets with his arm in an extension beyond ‘a natural silhouette’ is surely not an assist. Given that it was discussed by the Ifab board here in March, it may become known as ‘an Aberdeen’

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast