+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stroll in the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    re hamiliton h
    would be interesting to know if at his other clubs has he stayed on his line'
    at dens bain used to come for the ball then suddenly reverted to staying on his line ,that makes me wonder if keeping on their line is being coached or is now a rule.at dens.
    against blackpool in the 2nd half there was a great example of when a goalie should be clearing a path in his 6 yard box to claim a ball,and hamiliton stayed glued to his line.
    As much as I like Bobby Geddes, I think he’s had his time , I loved to see big Rab as goalie coach

I don't think Hamilton has the physical presence to come for a lot of crosses.

Geddes himself wasn't the greatest at coming for crosses either and Hamilton actually reminds me a bit of Bobby G.

Bain was a bit of an anomaly as he wasnae the biggest but because he was so cock sure of himself was very good at collecting cross balls. He then seemed to have that coached out of him.

Mcpake seems to like aggressive centre backs and maybe that will help Hamilton a bit.

I'd rather have another c/f and go with Hamilton rather than vice versa but once there is a wee bit of doubt about a goalie it's hard for them to shake it off.

I also think anybody we pay a fee for seems to come under more scrutiny, Holt for example.

P.s. dab keeper looked confident with the crosses but slower than being stuck behind a women's fourball getting Doon to the ba.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I don't think Hamilton has the physical presence to come for a lot of crosses.

Geddes himself wasn't the greatest at coming for crosses either and Hamilton actually reminds me a bit of Bobby G.

Bain was a bit of an anomaly as he wasnae the biggest but because he was so cock sure of himself was very good at collecting cross balls. He then seemed to have that coached out of him.

Mcpake seems to like aggressive centre backs and maybe that will help Hamilton a bit.

I'd rather have another c/f and go with Hamilton rather than vice versa but once there is a wee bit of doubt about a goalie it's hard for them to shake it off.

I also think anybody we pay a fee for seems to come under more scrutiny, Holt for example.

P.s. dab keeper looked confident with the crosses but slower than being stuck behind a women's fourball getting Doon to the ba.
    We’ve got Forster and some lad called Davies as centre backs still on our books. Surely 4 enough for a team in our league?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    We’ve got Forster and some lad called Davies as centre backs still on our books. Surely 4 enough for a team in our league?
    Wud like another forward H not another centre back.

What I meant was Mcpake has already signed aggressive backs and think this will help Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Wud like another forward H not another centre back.

What I meant was Mcpake has already signed aggressive backs and think this will help Hamilton.
    Ah misread, I was being defensive minded now Curran has his 30 goal target :-)

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    As much as I like Bobby Geddes, I think he’s had his time , I loved to see big Rab as goalie coach
    This is a really difficult subject because of the magnificent service given to the club by Bobby but you may be right about a change of goal keeping coach. I know that in all walks of life there comes a time when changes need to be made. Hopefully we are not there yet, but someone might think a review of why we have been so poor at defending against crosses is long overdue. Strachan and Jimmy Nicholl might bring new vigour to Bobby Geddes' coaching if they all put their heads together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)