+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T brainy people only

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Get your own thread.
    I thought you loved to share.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Another one for the clever folk of this forum.
    If a bus is driving along a road at 40mph and a fly entered the bus through a open window and is traveling at 20mph. Once the fly goes inside the bus how fast is it actually traveling?

The same speed it was travelling before unless acted on by interaction with another moving body ie the car window or a passengers open mouth.

Like the gravity question, it’s down to Newton’s Laws, which she wrote whilst filming Grease

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The same speed it was travelling before unless acted on by interaction with another moving body ie the car window or a passengers open mouth.

Like the gravity question, it’s down to Newton’s Laws, which she wrote whilst filming Grease
    The moon one is simple. It's just magic.

The bus one. Wouldn't it depend on if you looked at it from inside or outside the bus?

So . No brainy people on here then.?
    ...no...

Speed of light is as fast as it goes

But if you put two torches back to back and switch them on. What is the speed between the beams?

Looks like it!

If you stand on the moon. There is very little gravity. Jump higher etc.
    So how come the moons gravity pulls our tides in and out twice a day?
    And as the earth has bigger mass and more gravity? Why dosent the earth attract the moon intowards us?
    The moon has momentum, which tends to throw it away from the Earth (a so called centrifugal effect), the Earth's gravity, created by it's mass works against that force to hold it in orbit.

The tides on Earth are created by the gravity of the moon. That same gravitational force causes stress on the physical structure of the Earth, generating heat.

The moon is speeding up as a consequence of the tides on Earth - the tides exert a small but measurable gravitational effect that pulls the moon ever faster. On the basis that there is no such thing as a free ride, the same effect is slowing the rotation of Earth.

Eventually, the moon will spin away and the rotation of the Earth will become unstable as a consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The moon has momentum, which tends to throw it away from the Earth (a so called centrifugal effect), the Earth's gravity, created by it's mass works against that force to hold it in orbit.

The tides on Earth are created by the gravity of the moon. That same gravitational force causes stress on the physical structure of the Earth, generating heat.

The moon is speeding up as a consequence of the tides on Earth - the tides exert a small but measurable gravitational effect that pulls the moon ever faster. On the basis that there is no such thing as a free ride, the same effect is slowing the rotation of Earth.

Eventually, the moon will spin away and the rotation of the Earth will become unstable as a consequence.
    Thanks fk me

I’m amazed how many people have replied to this thread, Crash was explicit when he remarked intelligent people only

Crash, I’d class myself as intelligent and using your description ‘brainy’, so I’ll say this, Man has never landed on the moon!

Yes we know it’s zero gravity and all that but, millions, no trillions of dollars have spent keeping the hoax alive.

As for your question, we are a mere spec of a planet drifting through the cosmos of life. One day and way past when I’m gone, I believe we will be visited by extra terrestrial beings be they friend or foe.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast