+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T brainy people only

There are certainly some posters who have difficulty with the fact that some people know more than they do.

It's only natural.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The fly is travelling at the same speed as the bus .
    if your sat on the bus and your not moving but the bus is moving at 40mph are you actually moving? if you answer yes or no the fly flies passed you at 20mph so is the fly actually travelling faster slower or the same speed as the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    if your sat on the bus and your not moving but the bus is moving at 40mph are you actually moving? if you answer yes or no the fly flies passed you at 20mph so is the fly actually travelling faster slower or the same speed as the bus?
    By that logic is the bus actually moving or just the wheels?

Similar thing to a 20 ton truck carrying 2 tons of budgies all sat on perches, total weight 22 tons. The truck goes over a bump and the 2 tons of budgies all leap off the their perches into the air. At that point, does the truck weigh 20 tons or 22 tons?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Similar thing to a 20 ton truck carrying 2 tons of budgies all sat on perches, total weight 22 tons. The truck goes over a bump and the 2 tons of budgies all leap off the their perches into the air. At that point, does the truck weigh 20 tons or 22 tons?
    20.2 tons as the budgies simultaneously shat themselves

I got up this morning,did a couple of jobs ,and then thought I would have a quick look on here.The result is I am now going to get an aspirin for my headache!.Thankyou one and all.

There is plenty of evidence that I am brainy and therefore eligible to respond.
    The moon question has been answered via google.
    The fly question is of more interest and there is no fixed answer because speed is relative to the positioning of the observer as someone touched upon.

Why is abbreviation such a long word?
    Does having our own personal genome mean our actions good or bad are predetermined thus absolving us from any responsibility?
    What came before the Big Bang?
    In the very beginning of the existence of anything at all which law of physics allowed something to come from nothing or is nothing actually something?
    What is the evolutionary advantage of zebras having stripes?
    Last edited by kempo; 14-07-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks all. Good thread and no abuse.
    Ta. Funny how threads go off on a tangent 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    There is plenty of evidence that I am brainy and therefore eligible to respond.
    The moon question has been answered via google.
    The fly question is of more interest and there is no fixed answer because speed is relative to the positioning of the observer as someone touched upon.

Why is abbreviation such a long word?
    Does having our own personal genome mean our actions good or bad are predetermined thus absolving us from any responsibility?
    What came before the Big Bang?
    In the very beginning of the existence of anything at all which law of physics allowed something to come from nothing or is nothing actually something?
    What is the evolutionary advantage of zebras having stripes?
    If they didn't. What would replace Zebra crossings?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    If they didn't. What would replace Zebra crossings?
    pelicans

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast