+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alty dispatched

Alty dispatched

A 6-0 thumping only downside Porter has a knee injury and Powell a back injury, not good in an area where we are pretty threadbare. Oil Finney hatrick the highlight and a clean sheet all so. Did anybody go who can provide a bit of information on player perfromance?

Sounds like it was a useful run out! Its fine, we can play Finney upfront so no worries there I think they are just being overly cautious at this stage of pre-season. Connor Heath came in for Porter, hes a tall strong centre mid (not your typical academy midfielder!) who likes to get forward and he has been quite prolific at U23 level...would be interested to hear from anyone who was there how he got on...would he suit a more advanced role? Also Olly Lancashire...how did he look?

EDIT: Finney must be near enough ahead of Jones by now in the midfield pecking order? He hasn't pushed on at all since the Preston move didn't happen...if anything has regressed although he has had a bit of a tough time with injuries. Thoughts?
    Last edited by luke_358; 14-07-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Tend to agree that Jonah has gone backwards slightly since his injuries. His aim now must be to regain his momemtum. He may be behind Finney but I believe, when he achieves some form, he has more qualities than Finney.

Could Connor Heath be like Michael Higdon was? Big midfielder converted to (rather slow) CF? A useful player to have around when we’ve got more midfielders than you could shake the proverbial stick at!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Could Connor Heath be like Michael Higdon was? Big midfielder converted to (rather slow) CF? A useful player to have around when we’ve got more midfielders than you could shake the proverbial stick at!
    Aye similar although I think Heath has better ability. Doesn't have loads of pace but more mobile than Porter for sure. Not suprised he's getting a bit of a look in already despite his tender years. Especially if he's scoring goals like this!: skip to 33 seconds to see.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Tend to agree that Jonah has gone backwards slightly since his injuries. His aim now must be to regain his momemtum. He may be behind Finney but I believe, when he achieves some form, he has more qualities than Finney.
    Yeah he's probably trying too hard to get back to his previous levels. Needs to take it step at a time. He's easily our best passer when on song and has a good shot on him too as last nights 40-yarder proved! Out of contract end of next season and will be 24 so could be losing out on another fee unless he finds some seriously good form before Jan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=5G0YKKU8osc

Youtube link for my post above about Connor Heath...I did put the URL in but it didn't post it or let me edit it for whatever reason
    Last edited by luke_358; 24-07-2019 at 11:23 AM.