+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The personal abuse needs to stop

The personal abuse needs to stop

What is the Notts County fan base becoming?
    Alan Hardy has now been a target for a bullet between the eyes and someone wishing he would commit suicide. ON top of this, any matter of abuse and foul-mouthed has been aimed in his direction.
    To what end?
    Do people think that the more you target him, the sooner he will act to end this impasse?
    It is a mess and it's a mess largely of his making. There is a good chance NCFC will not even line up at Eastleigh for its first fixture (why else do you think the Vanarama people called a meeting).
    The only point of action for the fans is to get clarity on what's happening and I'm sure that's been tried. Surely, if the alleged Danish group were even close to closure, they would have made a statement.

I agree, some of the abuse has crossed the line. That said, us fans need a place to vent, and if not here then where? I have no problem with people calling him out for what he is and what he has done, but threats are absolutely not OK.

Agree with you completely Sid.

Totally agree. I'm very uncomfortable with some of the comments I've seen on here and on Facebook aimed at AH. People can be angry (rightly so) but threats to life or wishes of ill health and worse go far beyond the pale for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    Totally agree. I'm very uncomfortable with some of the comments I've seen on here and on Facebook aimed at AH. People can be angry (rightly so) but threats to life or wishes of ill health and worse go far beyond the pale for me.
    Big difference between calling someone a prat, plonker, knob head etc and wishing them dead, beaten up and so on. A lot has crossed the line. The moral compass is not great and people will end up getting sued or worse. One way or another he will be gone soon and won't darken Meadow Lanes doors again. Sid he speak sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    Seconded.

Yes, you're absolutely right, sidders.

The frustration with Alan Hardy is understandable and for the most part he has brought it upon himself through some baffling financial mismanagement, a wreckless approach to social media and a series of broken "promises" or predictions, never mind the loss of the club's league status (albeit some previously very well paid players share the responsibility for that).

Despite all of the above, as rorylee says, there is still no excuse for people stating that they wish ill health or worse on the owner. Those who have done so in the heat of a moment would probably admit with hindsight that this was wrong, because if they don't, it makes them far worse people than the target of their criticism. The guy has kids and other family who are completely innocent in all this but must still be deeply affected by what they are hearing and reading. It isn't acceptable under any circumstances.

Nigel Doughty, look how that ended.
    The sooner he sells up the sooner it stops.

Wishing someone ill heath or even death is clearly out of order. Calling someone a name is not such an issue, we all do it, including the OP, who isn't afraid to use a bit of strong language. So let's not confuse a few ridiculous posts like that with general outrage against Hardy, which is fair game in my book.

Also, the rules of the board say

Abusive Comments.
    Members may not use the Forum to abuse any other member of the Forum

As far as I am aware, he is not a member of the forum. Although, of course, I may be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Wishing someone ill heath or even death is clearly out of order. Calling someone a name is not such an issue, we all do it, including the OP, who isn't afraid to use a bit of strong language. So let's not confuse a few ridiculous posts like that with general outrage against Hardy, which is fair game in my book.

Also, the rules of the board say

Abusive Comments.
    Members may not use the Forum to abuse any other member of the Forum

As far as I am aware, he is not a member of the forum. Although, of course, I may be mistaken.
    I think you are mistaken

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast