+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T World Cup cricket

Big shout out to Jeffrey Archer for bowling that last over. Recovered magnificently.
    I thought he used to write novels and was friendly with Maggie so he's certainly reinvented himself

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Big shout out to Jeffrey Archer for bowling that last over. Recovered magnificently.
    I thought he used to write novels and was friendly with Maggie so he's certainly reinvented himself

Yes he was certainly “first among equals”

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I thought England would lose when I saw Archer had been chosen as he bowled a fair few wide balls earlier and then his first ball was a wide so I feared the worse.

But winning on number of boundaries is really tight, same with Djokovic winning on a tiebreak.

There's a debate on whether these are the best ways to decide a winner.
    GF, the way both those sports ended was indeed the best way to end a game/match. Can you imagine losing on the flick of a coin? Doesn't bare thinking about.

Rock, paper, scissors if all else fails

Good job there was a few born and bred Yorkshireman in the team because the captain , leading bowler and leading batsman are all....err....not quite English.

Kane Williamson has vastly improved since he got some proper coaching whilst playing for the White Rose too.

Yorkshire win the International Cricket World Cup

Ben Stokes is a beast. He hits boundaries like he hits chavs outside nightclubs.

"England men win first Cricket World Cup" is of course the PC BBC headline.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "England men win first Cricket World Cup" is of course the PC BBC headline.
    Maybe because the women have won it 4 times.

Really happy about that. A few times the tournament I thought they blown it. A few times today I thought they had blown it.

Surely that game has got a few thousand more kids wanting to get into the sport!!

Well done England!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Maybe because the women have won it 4 times.
    Scum buddy, let's rejoice though that the England MENS team have finally won the World Cup of a sport we gave the world to follow and play.....along with Rugby, Snooker, Football of which we had been World Champions in.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast