+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T World Cup cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Maybe because the women have won it 4 times.
    Telegraph headline is: "England win World Cup on their home turf after nailbiting final against New Zealand."

The England cricket team is the men's team by default, if it's the women's team then you put "women" in the headline.

Now let’s see England MENS cricket team whitewash the Aussies in the forthcoming ashes series.

Now that would be an schievement

Better than bowling at one stump

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Scum buddy, let's rejoice though that the England MENS team have finally won the World Cup of a sport we gave the world to follow and play.....along with Rugby, Snooker, Football of which we had been World Champions in.
    Don’t worry mate I am. I was just pointing out that it doesn’t matter what the headlines are.

The 2 posters on here that hate the bbc so much must spend a long time looking at it. They are always quoting it.
    There’s thousands of other news/sports websites.

I once had the pleasure of having a piss with Mr Root, an Icelandic/Swede and a RUFC fitness coach backstage at a Muse gig. Lucky me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Scum buddy, let's rejoice though that the England MENS team have finally won the World Cup of a sport we gave the world to follow and play.....along with Rugby, Snooker, Football of which we had been World Champions in.
    You forgot golf

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You forgot golf
    and darts though I’m not sure we invented that game...

Watching that final reminded me of our playoff off victory vs Leyton where we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
    England were behind quite a few times and I thought our chance had gone like at Wembley.

First half 0-2 down and second best. NZ posted a decent total and when Roy was out we knew more would follow.
    Last overs of the 50 and we didn't look like we would do it.
    We managed to get to 2-2 with a wonder strike from nowhere. Stokes gets 6 runs from one ball including four overthrows
    Extra time and we miss a penalty. We bowl a wide and then they smash a six.
    Collin saves those penalties and England prevent the two runs with a run out all right at the death.

Best ever one day cricket match, best ever goal at the new Wembley

I've not watched cricket for about 15 years. The 2005 ashes series was probably the last time I watched and enjoyed it.
    It was only by chance that I watched yesterday, having a quick flick through the channels, nowt else on so thought I'd give it a chance and so glad I did. I'd never associated cricket with high drama, intensity and heart pounding excitement but **** me! I've never seen anything like it!
    Never did I think I'd be sat on the edge of my seat, going through a range of emotions and cheering wildy while watching cricket! It started to look like a lost cause, the finale was incredible and then the super over was as intense and dramatic a sporting spectacle as we're ever likely to see.
    Just brilliant.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast