+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a game

What a game

Sorry aucks but what a end to any sporting event.
    World champions and done in the most exciting way possible.

Yes, surely the most dramatic cricket match ever.
    Well done England
    New Zealand were the better side and would have been worthy winners had it not been for two incorrect umpire decisions and the very lucky 4 overthrows.
    The rules of cricket make VAR seem sensible

Your boys took one hell of a beating Aucks ..

Not my boys! I have never been able to shed my roots, and never will. I still support the England rugby team too - even against the All-Blacks.
    We watched the first innings live, and recorded the second. We got up early and avoided all radios, phones, etc!
    Anyone who has ever called cricket "boring" should be sent to a remote island and forced to watch baseball on an endless loop!

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Yes, surely the most dramatic cricket match ever.
    Well done England
    New Zealand were the better side and would have been worthy winners had it not been for two incorrect umpire decisions and the very lucky 4 overthrows.
    The rules of cricket make VAR seem sensible
    All of that is probably true, Seventwo, but Stokes certainly didn't deserve to lose, and as Kane Williamson said afterwards, we shouldn't just focus on the ending or an individual incident, because any single ball in the whole game could have produced a different result.
    One thing struck me, in particular: could you get two nicer and more sporting sets of men?
    Australians everywhere, please note: you don't have to sledge to prove your sporting aggression!

Speaking of Australians has reminded me of something. I wonder what happened to Sydney Girl. She used to be one of the regulars on here, and I remember her meeting up with some of the other Roversmad posters at Ewood once.
    My wife and I tried to link up with her in Sydney at one point, but - unfortunately - she was away during our visit.

So mny good poesters lost from here

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    So mny good poesters lost from here
    yes and so many good players as well Sven.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)