+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should BWFC be chucked out of the Football League..?

Should BWFC be chucked out of the Football League..?

Only seven players under contract, no money to operate.

The proposed Bassini deal is dead in the water.

Surely now is the time to chuck them out of the Football League and reinstate Notts County?

Extraordinarily sad.Nat Lofthouse must be turning in his grave.

What is the local feeling? Is there a way that they can start the season? What action have the EFL taken so far?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Extraordinarily sad.Nat Lofthouse must be turning in his grave.

What is the local feeling? Is there a way that they can start the season? What action have the EFL taken so far?
    Here in Bolton, the locals are more or less resigned to losing their team.

Of course they should .they can always dip into their food bank..

Is that the same club that said they were a much bigger club than BFC after stealing our much loved Owen Coyle?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Is that the same club that said they were a much bigger club than BFC after stealing our much loved Owen Coyle?
    Because I live in Bolton, I should be sad to see them go under, but I'm not, so phuck off with your ten years in front of the Clarets!

On the one hand It will be sad to see a club with wanderers history go out of the league and be lost to the lower echelons of the pyramid, On the other hand how they went about turning OC's head with the boxing day chanting of his name and all the crap they spewed when the fabled one did a runner pulling the rug out from under us as he went means I quite literally couldn't give a flying f**k at a rolling donut if they go to the wall never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    On the one hand It will be sad to see a club with wanderers history go out of the league and be lost to the lower echelons of the pyramid, On the other hand how they went about turning OC's head with the boxing day chanting of his name and all the crap they spewed when the fabled one did a runner pulling the rug out from under us as he went means I quite literally couldn't give a flying f**k at a rolling donut if they go to the wall never to be seen again.
    Hear hear.. Spot on ..

It wasnt just the taking of Coyle, it was the whole situation with Eagles etc going mid season. I will be glad if they go. (Non) instant karma, but karma all the same.

They're the tw@ts who scored against us from a throw-in, after we'd put the ball out of play for one of their injured players, they delighted in taking our manager off us in our first PL season and telling us they were ten years ahead of us, it was outside Burnden Park that I got my first experience of football hooliganism, on the end of a good kicking from some of their knuckle-draggers, so I don't give a FF if they drop out of the league.

What would happen to them though, not that I care, but all the leagues below are sorted, fixtures issued, so there are no vacancies. Would they just cease to exist and have to reform starting at Clitheroe's level next season, that's the level big clubs in trouble are normally dropped too to start again. Darlington and Chester are two who have played at Shawbridge in recent times, maybe we could be playing Bolton next season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)