+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should BWFC be chucked out of the Football League..?

Bury first game now off and 2nd game(Accy) in doubt Bolton game goes ahead.
    What odds we have all this again at Horwich next pre season.

Non footballing companies should stop dealing with football clubs unless payment in full is made up front its just not worth the risk of only getting 5p in the £ of what you're owed.
    Its often said the football club is the life blood of the local economy but how many local businesses have gone to the wall because of a football club owing them money, I'm willing to wager its quite a few up and down the country all the while how many of those football clubs have gone to the same wall. Its time an example was made its just unfortunate it looks like that example will be Bury not Bolton.

I don't really know what's gone on at Bury, but the money the ex-United players have pumped into Salford can't have helped. The last time I saw Clitheroe at Salford a few years ago the gate was 103 and at least 20 of those were from Clitheroe, now they get gates of well over 2000, those people have come from somewhere, and Bury is just down the road.

as you say Salford won't have helped Bury's plight and is probably that final nail but there must be other factors at play. mismanagement possibly ?

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    as you say Salford won't have helped Bury's plight and is probably that final nail but there must be other factors at play. mismanagement possibly ?
    I hate to say this but I think demographics are really in play in Bury.

Bury have a relatively small local population of which the Asian percentage is increasing rapidly. All the way around Gigg Lane is predominantly Asian and they do not support Bury.

You see Liverpool, Citeh and Man U shirts by the dozen on the young Asian lads. The club simply cannot support itself from within the local economy. I do not expect them to survive another fortnight.

That's one factor and a major one, competing for local talent with Utd City etc has always been a factor that stopped them being a selling club to put money in the bank and as you say I too think this is the death throes of Bury FC which is a shame as BWFC would make far bigger ripples in the footballing world if it was their funeral being planned.

A professional Football Club has to have a minimum of 18 players on their books plus a Manager,coach,Secretary etc.They also have to travel round the country every other week during the season.This is clearly not sustainable if you only get a crowd of 3,000/4000.You get some money from TV,EFL,sponsorship and advertising but when a Club such as Newport get a good run in a Cup competition you hear the same old story "This will keep them going for the next 3 or 4 years".I fear for the future of Clubs such as Rochdale,Accrington,Newport etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    A professional Football Club has to have a minimum of 18 players on their books plus a Manager,coach,Secretary etc.They also have to travel round the country every other week during the season.This is clearly not sustainable if you only get a crowd of 3,000/4000.You get some money from TV,EFL,sponsorship and advertising but when a Club such as Newport get a good run in a Cup competition you hear the same old story "This will keep them going for the next 3 or 4 years".I fear for the future of Clubs such as Rochdale,Accrington,Newport etc etc
    Stanley are managing it on gates of about 1200 Barrie, but I'm not at all sure how?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)