+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T What great sport on offer today...........

O/T What great sport on offer today...........

Flicking through the channels this afternoon/evening provided great entertainment across three sports.

British Grand Prix - Lewis Hamilton set the afternoon off with his record breaking 6th British Grand Prix win. Some may say he was fortunate to win as he was lying second when the safety car was deployed so he used a pit stop for a tyre change and on re entering the track he was left in pole. Same rules apply to all but, well done for holding his nerve and refusing a final tyre change to stay out on edgy tyres and chalk up another win.

A special mention goes to Vettel ramming Max Verstappen off the track in frustration! Your season's over pal let it go.

Wimbledon Tennis Final - What an immense match from two remarkable players. A 5 set thriller that finally saw
    Novak Djokovic beat Roger Federer after a 12-12 tie break in the 5th set. A new rule brought in saw Djokovic finally triumph in a 13-12 tie break in the 5th set. Bearing in mind Federer is 38 next month made you realise just how super fit this guy is.

World Cup Cricket - Like I've previously posted, this was an amazing end to a final never seen before. To add to it being a World Cup final made it all the more dramatic.

Think my TV remote has gone into meltdown flicking through Sky, BBC 1 and Channel 4. Never known 6 hours pass so fast.

Couldn't watch them all though unless you had 3 TVs on at the same time.

I would guess that Wimbledon had it’s lowest ever viewing figures for the final.

GF, I saw the Grand Prix first then over to tennis whilst flicking back and fourth to the cricket during new bowlers brought in or ends changed at Wimbledon, easy really when you think about it.

Well in my opinion, not that counts for anything, is that F1 and tennis isn’t worth flattening the tv remote batteries for.

I only watched the cricket because it was the only one that was a World Cup final and England were playing. Djokovic has won 5 Wimbledon’s, federer has 8. Hamilton has 6 British GP wins. England had no World Cup cricket champions medals.
    Didn’t give the others a second thought.

I watched the cricket mainly and some of the tennis, no interest in F1.

Managed the F1 and Cricket
    Hamilton was lucky with the Safety Car but who cares

Cricket ?
    Never been so engrossed in a game
    My mate predicted "last bowl" after 20 overs
    He's a witch and will be burnt at the stake in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Managed the F1 and Cricket
    Hamilton was lucky with the Safety Car but who cares

Cricket ?
    Never been so engrossed in a game
    My mate predicted "last bowl" after 20 overs
    He's a witch and will be burnt at the stake in the morning
    .....ps, does he know this Tuesday's Lottery numbers? Don't burn him just yet he may well know.

I'll check his pockets before we tie him up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast