+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilic showing first signs of frustration!

We could have a Steve Bruce situation. Sheff Wed have only just appointed potato head and as soon as a bigger club comes sniffin, he's off.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Spot on somebody talking sense only the fans can change it but all you seem to do is moan without doing anything about it

If only you lived in the North East you would know how untrue that is.

Geordies been trying to get Ashley out for years, protests, press and internet campaigns and one heck of a lot more, so much that Ashley hardly ever is seen at the ground (that bit sounds like Mr Lai). Other fans at Blackpool, Blackburn and plenty of others have also tried to change the owners but they will only go if it is financial worth their trouble.

We have no chance of anyone buying the club for the money Lai paid for it and until he gets his money back plus whatever profit he wants, then in my opinion we are stuck with him. Also stuck with the Championship at best so better get used to it I think. Let’s hope it isn’t League 1 before then but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I do not understand the world of finance. But if Mr. Lai is unable to put his money into the club due to the Chinese forbidding money going out of China, then how can a Chinese club buy Rondon for £16.5 million should they want him. The money would be coming to us so it is leaving China.
    Despite initial enthusiasm to invest in overseas football the Chinese economy began to slow down. Their government decided some time back that foreign club ownership was a financial burden they were no longer prepared to encourage in the short/medium term.

Money still comes out of China for long term infrastructure projects like rail or power stations though as they see a return on their money. With this in mind the Chinese government have imposed a 100% tax on foreign transfers to discourage them taking place. £16.5 million for us (Rondon) means £16.5 million for them too (tax) and represents a nice little earner. Transfers still happen but Chinese club owners are having to prioritize and think more responsibly.

I like Rondon but he turns thirty in September, he only has a year on his contract and I don't see him as a £33 million priority for anybody. So unless there's a hefty mark down on his release clause to get his wages off the books I'd be amazed if he goes to China. And if he does go there for a total of £33 million somebody's going to need shooting after they've been knocked sh!tless first.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

Geordies been trying to get Ashley out for years, protests, press and internet campaigns and one heck of a lot more, so much that Ashley hardly ever is seen at the ground (that bit sounds like Mr Lai). Other fans at Blackpool, Blackburn and plenty of others have also tried to change the owners but they will only go if it is financial worth their trouble.

We have no chance of anyone buying the club for the money Lai paid for it and until he gets his money back plus whatever profit he wants, then in my opinion we are stuck with him. Also stuck with the Championship at best so better get used to it I think. Let’s hope it isn’t League 1 before then but you never know.
    In a nutshell.

Can hardly contain my excitement for the coming season.

Hope Jenkins has provisionally booked an open top bus for next May.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

Don't go to the games it's pointless protesting if you keep buying season tickets and going to games protest with your feet and keep away what's the point of protesting if you still get 50 odd thousand going to the ground your just idiots of course he's not bothered hit him in the pocket

I was quite excited when Bilic was appointed as the new HC but did wonder what Jenkins & co. had promised him in order to get his signature. As some have speculated, I would not be surprised if he was gone well before Christmas when the realisation hits him regarding Lai and his hatchet man. The way things look at the moment, I think that success this season will be avoiding League 1.

Maybe Sainsbury's have made an offer for the Hawthorns site?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I was quite excited when Bilic was appointed as the new HC but did wonder what Jenkins & co. had promised him in order to get his signature. As some have speculated, I would not be surprised if he was gone well before Christmas when the realisation hits him regarding Lai and his hatchet man. The way things look at the moment, I think that success this season will be avoiding League 1.
    I noticed Chris Lepkowski absolutely skewering Dowling today on Social Media...

Essentially saying he is completely inept, unprofessional and incompetent. One of the reasons why our successful academy is being decimated, he's marginalising coaches who have been at the club for years and they're being forced out to join other clubs.

I think CL still has a lot of sources still inside the club. He is absolutely scathing about him.

This does not bode well at all for our future.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Despite initial enthusiasm to invest in overseas football the Chinese economy began to slow down. Their government decided some time back that foreign club ownership was a financial burden they were no longer prepared to encourage in the short/medium term.

Money still comes out of China for long term infrastructure projects like rail or power stations though as they see a return on their money. With this in mind the Chinese government have imposed a 100% tax on foreign transfers to discourage them taking place. £16.5 million for us (Rondon) means £16.5 million for them too (tax) and represents a nice little earner. Transfers still happen but Chinese club owners are having to prioritize and think more responsibly.

I like Rondon but he turns thirty in September, he only has a year on his contract and I don't see him as a £33 million priority for anybody. So unless there's a hefty mark down on his release clause to get his wages off the books I'd be amazed if he goes to China. And if he does go there for a total of £33 million somebody's going to need shooting after they've been knocked sh!tless first.
    It's looking increasingly like he's on his way.

Don't know how much for but if it's for anything like previously quoted figures somebody needs thwacking with a big sh!tty stick .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)