+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT Jamie Fullerton/Halifax

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I was never a fan of Trew (so no, I certainly don't think he was a god) but he didn't pick the team or tactics and didn't alienate anyone under the age of 25 flat out refusing to talk to them, he also didn't make up a load of sh*te and refuse to pick our best player under Moniz, nor did he turn one of the best attacking sides we've had since Munto into a team that managed 1 shot on target over the course of 3 full games.

Fullarton walked in like he was Jose Mourinho when he'd achieved f*ck all in his career as a player or manager so comparing him with Kewell is wide of the mark too, Kewell had a fantastic career and actually wanted his teams to play good football. HK inherited a squad that was under performing massively and was right to call them out on it, JF inherited a squad that was underperforming in away league games (the Huddersfield and Villa games were fantastic) and completely ruined them in his short spell here.

You can use the argument that poor old Jamie was just the wrong man at the wrong time all you like but nobody forced him to take on the job, he assumed he was qualified and good enough or he wouldn't have applied and taken it. He was the one making terrible decisions, using awful tactics, picking the wrong players and giving the worst interviews I can ever remember.
    Kewell wanted his teams to play good football? Did you watch Barnsley versus Notts County in the FA Cup last year?

he also didn't make up a load of sh*te and refuse to pick our best player under Moniz.
    Please, please tell me you're not referring to "the best midfielder outside the Championship" and "the lower league Messi"???

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Kewell wanted his teams to play good football? Did you watch Barnsley versus Notts County in the FA Cup last year?
    Great example, away at what was basically a Championship side...

Did you watch us play MK Dons off their pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Please, please tell me you're not referring to "the best midfielder outside the Championship" and "the lower league Messi"???
    I'm fairly sure through gritted teeth even you've admitted that Aborah was good when Moniz was here, fans were singing his name every game and that's why they continued to do so when Fullarton decided not to pick him, they didn't just do it for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    V

And I suppose you thought Trew was god.....Fullerton was fed to the lions and I for am ashamed of the way he was treated by a small mindless element (I’m guessing you being one) it was a disgraceful way to behave but guess it was to be expected from idiots was IQ’s less than 10
    Troll alert...

I always think and hope for the best with managerial appointments at Notts. Experience should tell me by now that most will be abject failures, but there was never a more stupid appointment than Fullerton. No experience, no clue how to manage the team. Dire unimaginative football, and a very low win rate. Trew's fault for appointing him, but also Fullerton's for applying, accepting the job, and then squandering the opportunity.

Trew made an excellent appointment of Cotters, perhaps he just got lucky, but Cotterill had more experience than most of his appointments. It was downhill from there.

I'm fairly sure through gritted teeth even you've admitted that Aborah was good when Moniz was here, fans were singing his name every game and that's why they continued to do so when Fullarton decided not to pick him, they didn't just do it for the sake of it
    I said he was better when Moniz was here. When Moniz was undeservedly sacked, Aborah spat his dummy out and deserved to be frozen out.

Great example, away at what was basically a Championship side...

Did you watch us play MK Dons off their pitch?
    What the game we lost 2-1 when we played them off the pitch, that one?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    What the game we lost 2-1 when we played them off the pitch, that one?
    The result was given to them by the referee, only one team was going to win that game until he made two huge clear errors in awarding a penalty AND sending off Turley.

I'm talking about the performance though, the result is irrelevant as I didn't say Kewell played winning football, I argued that he wanted to play good football.

I'm guessing you weren't in attendance which is fair enough being a "QueenslandPie", but looking at the result often doesn't tell the story of a game.

I was never a fan of Trew (so no, I certainly don't think he was a god) but he didn't pick the team or tactics and didn't alienate anyone under the age of 25 flat out refusing to talk to them, he also didn't make up a load of sh*te and refuse to pick our best player under Moniz, nor did he turn one of the best attacking sides we've had since Munto into a team that managed 1 shot on target over the course of 3 full games.

Fullarton walked in like he was Jose Mourinho when he'd achieved f*ck all in his career as a player or manager so comparing him with Kewell is wide of the mark too, Kewell had a fantastic career and actually wanted his teams to play good football. HK inherited a squad that was under performing massively and was right to call them out on it, JF inherited a squad that was underperforming in away league games (the Huddersfield and Villa games were fantastic) and completely ruined them in his short spell here.

You can use the argument that poor old Jamie was just the wrong man at the wrong time all you like but nobody forced him to take on the job, he assumed he was qualified and good enough or he wouldn't have applied and taken it. He was the one making terrible decisions, using awful tactics, picking the wrong players and giving the worst interviews I can ever remember.
    The penultimate game that stood out for me which defined Jamie Fullerton’s short lived tenure was one month after he was appointed we played York City away. Baring in mind they were bottom of League Two and they were truly awful. They had got 20 points from 30 games before we played them.

We went to York and played the most boring defensive back to the wall football imaginable and ended up going 2-0 down before pulling a goal back. The game finished 2-1 to York.

Now I’ve seen some truly awful games in my time Macclesfield 5-0 defeat at home in 2005, Dagenham and Redbridge 6-1 defeat away in 2008, and Rushden and Diamonds 5-1 away from home in 2004 and that York game whilst not the heaviest defeat is certainly up there for lack of anything.

It was at that game the fans turned as well and calls for Jamie Fullerton to be outed could be heard from the terraces. He lasted a further month.

A truly awful appointment that had no logic, and made no sense. Awful tactics and boring football. Then we brought Mark Cooper in afterwards. In hindsight we may as well have stuck with Moniz until the end of that season.

That 15/16 season pretty much mirrors the season just gone with regards to the amount managers.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 16-07-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The penultimate game that stood out for me which defined Jamie Fullerton’s short lived tenure was one month after he was appointed we played York City away. Baring in mind they were bottom of League Two and they were truly awful. They had got 20 points from 30 games before we played them.

We went to York and played the most boring defensive back to the wall football imaginable and ended up going 2-0 down before pulling a goal back. The game finished 2-1 to York.

Now I’ve seen some truly awful games in my time Macclesfield 5-0 defeat at home in 2005, Dagenham and Redbridge 6-1 defeat away in 2008, and Rushden and Diamonds 5-1 away from home in 2004 and that York game whilst not the heaviest defeat is certainly up there for lack of anything.

It was at that game the fans turned as well and calls for Jamie Fullerton to be outed could be heard from the terraces. He lasted a further month.

A truly awful appointment that had no logic, and made no sense. Awful tactics and boring football. Then we brought Mark Cooper in afterwards. In hindsight we may as well have stuck with Moniz until the end of that season.

That 15/16 season pretty much mirrors the season just gone with regards to the amount managers.
    Not sticking with Moniz and letting him build for our first season back in League 2 was the beginning of the end imo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast