+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steve Bruce resigns

If Carling made football club takeovers ..................
    Would LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    According to one local media Chris Hughton has turned down an approach from Sheffield Wednesday.
    Steve Agnew & Stephen Clemence, Bruce's assistants also resigned.
    One bookies favourite is Gianfranco Zola.
    Same media says compensation of £4M has been agreed.
    All this could be paper talk to sell newspapers.
    Depends how much money the Wendies actually have to spend, but a manager I have always liked championship wise for the way his teams play football is Slavisa Jokanovic. Currently in Qatar so is probably earning big.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe, but Bruce resigned so arguable that SWFC will get very little compo.
    If it were that easy the new club would always tell the manager to resign from the old one.

If Wednesday do not give permission to talk to Newcastle then he has the option to resign but would then be in breach of contract. I would expect the amount he would have to pay for that would be based on length of contract remaining and his salary. I would also think that if the clubs agreed compensation it would be similarly calculated.

Either way Bruce wouldn't pay. Newcastle will pick up the tab either for compensation or breach of contract.

It's reported that Ashley has sent a payment of £4m to Wednesday - even though nothing has been agreed.

I expect Wednesday fans aren't too enamoured with Bruce. When he joined them he delayed it due to a holiday. He has now cleared off a few weeks before the season starts and took his staff with him.

Obviously he could have been sacked if he had failed miserably. The difference is he would have got compensation.
    Jumping ship and Newcastle pay the compensation.

Who'd be a manager?

I can never understand why a club pays for the services of a in contract managers. Especially one who's record is not great. There's loads of good managers coming to contract ends or out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I can never understand why a club pays for the services of a in contract managers. Especially one who's record is not great. There's loads of good managers coming to contract ends or out of work.
    One of them has a really nice brolly and a great record

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    One of them has a really nice brolly and a great record
    Gene Kelly?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Gene Kelly?
    Nice one Wasn't quite who I was thinking but alongside Debbie Reynolds they would probably be a better pairing than SM and his assistant.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 16-07-2019 at 06:53 PM.

3 year contract at Newcastle announced this morning. Wendies still haven't commented, perhaps they've spat their massive dummy out 😋

I'm really bemused by this.
    As we all know Sheff Wed are a much bigger club than Newcastle so why has he gone?

Better ground, bulging trophy cabinet, bigger fan base and more passionate too. Can't fathom this at all.

Obviously prefers Sports Direct and Debenhams than a nice tuna sandwich
    Last edited by flourbasher; 17-07-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234