+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SD in trouble?

SD in trouble?

Sports Dire have officially announced they will be late with their accounts due to extra problems with auditing caused by merging House of Frasier into their company. HoF shares are reported to be at 50% value of what they were and SD shares have fallen about 13% just this morning. This comes just after two of their top executives jumped ship in the last couple of weeks. Is this a sign that the fat one has over extended and his empire is starting to implode?
    I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Sports Dire have officially announced they will be late with their accounts due to extra problems with auditing caused by merging House of Frasier into their company. HoF shares are reported to be at 50% value of what they were and SD shares have fallen about 13% just this morning. This comes just after two of their top executives jumped ship in the last couple of weeks. Is this a sign that the fat one has over extended and his empire is starting to implode?
    I hope so
    There will be many rubbing their hands with glee and sitting back with a quiet smile at that news.

Good ! I hope he sinks

Let’s pray their in dire straits or he gets caught cooking the books

Just hope it’s nothing trivial

When you think about it all of the bad publicity he's had recently and all of the spurious decisions he's made recently, with a bit more bad news a run on S.D's shares could gather momentum and they could drop far below their true value but enough to cause him real problems.

It's just like when there's a run on any company's finances or even national finances it gathers momentum because of fear and bad reputation.

Lets hope so.

Then hit with more bad publicity from us.

I hope he loses every single penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I hope he loses every single penny.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Seconded.
    thirded

apart from the shares going down there is apparently some questions regarding the auditors - somethong to do with not declaring that one of the auditors is the brother of someone who works closely / for ashley???? can't quite remember what it was but something like that

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    thirded

apart from the shares going down there is apparently some questions regarding the auditors - somethong to do with not declaring that one of the auditors is the brother of someone who works closely / for ashley???? can't quite remember what it was but something like that
    Posting SD accounts late (soond familiar) slick move by FCB to force share price down.
    FCB.."Hmm where can I get my hands on £3 or £4m,to buy back my SD shares and gain full control"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)