+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warne's take on why Williams didn't find a Championship club

Any chance of an interview with Alex Bray

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Any chance of an interview with Alex Bray
    Naughty

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "No he simply wasn't good enough"

Oh yes he is....

He was asked to run run run like the rest of our "flair players" so they've all gone looking to be used as they would like to be used. The fact that Williams thinks he has a better chance of getting championship football at our league one rivals places question marks against the band of brothers scenario PW is supposed to have created. Up front all the flair players did was to chase down because we created little and even when we nicked a lead we lost it. All for glaringly obvious reasons.
    Provide me with stats to say he is....Oh wait you cannot. Missed sitters ,cannot pass all he has got is a bit of pace. Hence that's why hes in league 1. He did not sign because he thought the offer was too low . He thought a championship club will come in with more cash and they didn't because they check stats and realised he would add absolutely nothing to the squad .I actually had Williams on the back of my shirt but see him miss sitter after sitter fail to do anything i soon realised he wasn't that good.

To be honest I found it hard to get excited about his performances, they were all sort of............well, bland

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "No he simply wasn't good enough"

Oh yes he is....

He was asked to run run run like the rest of our "flair players" so they've all gone looking to be used as they would like to be used. The fact that Williams thinks he has a better chance of getting championship football at our league one rivals places question marks against the band of brothers scenario PW is supposed to have created.

Up front all the flair players did was to chase down because we created little and even when we nicked a lead we lost it. All for glaringly obvious reasons.

Have you looked at the stats between PW & AS teams? I haven’t but I could guess who’s team created the most chances and as for losing a lead, don’t make me laugh.

The flair players have all left and for me that tells a story.

Rotherham United topped the table for losing games from winning positions. That tells another story.

Who brought AS into this discussion because I didn't. The circumstances between those days and PW's tenure are vastly different. The whole concept of football was different but PW has benefitted from "many lessons learned" and a honeymoon second to none.

Make off the facts what you want and so will I.

It’s not flair players that have left, it’s those players that were easily knocked off the ball and/or shirked tackles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12