Get your very own personalised Dees Banter gifts!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Stroll in the Sun

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,995

    Stroll in the Sun

    Mightily impressed with team this afternoon and a good result.
    Byrne and Ness great in midfield and young Marshall at left back with Meekings and Cammy were very good.
    Neilson led the line great and grabbed a couple and great to see Curran grab a goal too after superb move.
    In McPake I trust !!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Mightily impressed with team this afternoon and a good result.
    Byrne and Ness great in midfield and young Marshall at left back with Meekings and Cammy were very good.
    Neilson led the line great and grabbed a couple and great to see Curran grab a goal too after superb move.
    In McPake I trust !!
    Been critical of Curran but the happiness he had getting a goal and the reaction of the fans could be a turning point for him.
    Last edited by hmac; 13-07-2019 at 06:17 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Been critical of Curran but the happiness he has getting a goal and the reaction of the fans could be a turning point for him.
    Yip totally agree

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20,036
    myb and hopefully spot on ,a goal may be the making of curran

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,263
    Neilson, wut now

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Neilson, wut now
    ???

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,263
    Wee typo in the OP

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,138
    We are ok, couple of adjustments we have a shout.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We are ok, couple of adjustments we have a shout.
    Just watched sour puss McGlynn’s comments on Raith TV.......really carrying on like the ref robbed them.

    Our first goal....not a foul, you want a centre half to be strong, theirs wasn’t

    Our second goal...deffo a pen, was a free kick anywhere else so why not a pen in the box?

    Their penalty claim....ref indicated clearly ball was taken so it’s irrelevant if the boy goes down after that. On their own highlights you see the ref was right.

    On chances...their own highlights struggled to show them near our goal. We were all over theirs.

    Totally professional display from the Dee, though Hamilton needs to get off that line!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20,036
    re hamiliton h
    would be interesting to know if at his other clubs has he stayed on his line'
    at dens bain used to come for the ball then suddenly reverted to staying on his line ,that makes me wonder if keeping on their line is being coached or is now a rule.at dens.
    against blackpool in the 2nd half there was a great example of when a goalie should be clearing a path in his 6 yard box to claim a ball,and hamiliton stayed glued to his line.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    re hamiliton h
    would be interesting to know if at his other clubs has he stayed on his line'
    at dens bain used to come for the ball then suddenly reverted to staying on his line ,that makes me wonder if keeping on their line is being coached or is now a rule.at dens.
    against blackpool in the 2nd half there was a great example of when a goalie should be clearing a path in his 6 yard box to claim a ball,and hamiliton stayed glued to his line.
    As much as I like Bobby Geddes, I think he’s had his time , I loved to see big Rab as goalie coach

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,138
    I don't think Hamilton has the physical presence to come for a lot of crosses.

    Geddes himself wasn't the greatest at coming for crosses either and Hamilton actually reminds me a bit of Bobby G.

    Bain was a bit of an anomaly as he wasnae the biggest but because he was so cock sure of himself was very good at collecting cross balls. He then seemed to have that coached out of him.

    Mcpake seems to like aggressive centre backs and maybe that will help Hamilton a bit.

    I'd rather have another c/f and go with Hamilton rather than vice versa but once there is a wee bit of doubt about a goalie it's hard for them to shake it off.

    I also think anybody we pay a fee for seems to come under more scrutiny, Holt for example.

    P.s. dab keeper looked confident with the crosses but slower than being stuck behind a women's fourball getting Doon to the ba.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I don't think Hamilton has the physical presence to come for a lot of crosses.

    Geddes himself wasn't the greatest at coming for crosses either and Hamilton actually reminds me a bit of Bobby G.

    Bain was a bit of an anomaly as he wasnae the biggest but because he was so cock sure of himself was very good at collecting cross balls. He then seemed to have that coached out of him.

    Mcpake seems to like aggressive centre backs and maybe that will help Hamilton a bit.

    I'd rather have another c/f and go with Hamilton rather than vice versa but once there is a wee bit of doubt about a goalie it's hard for them to shake it off.

    I also think anybody we pay a fee for seems to come under more scrutiny, Holt for example.

    P.s. dab keeper looked confident with the crosses but slower than being stuck behind a women's fourball getting Doon to the ba.
    We’ve got Forster and some lad called Davies as centre backs still on our books. Surely 4 enough for a team in our league?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,138
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    We’ve got Forster and some lad called Davies as centre backs still on our books. Surely 4 enough for a team in our league?
    Wud like another forward H not another centre back.

    What I meant was Mcpake has already signed aggressive backs and think this will help Hamilton.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Wud like another forward H not another centre back.

    What I meant was Mcpake has already signed aggressive backs and think this will help Hamilton.
    Ah misread, I was being defensive minded now Curran has his 30 goal target :-)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    As much as I like Bobby Geddes, I think he’s had his time , I loved to see big Rab as goalie coach
    This is a really difficult subject because of the magnificent service given to the club by Bobby but you may be right about a change of goal keeping coach. I know that in all walks of life there comes a time when changes need to be made. Hopefully we are not there yet, but someone might think a review of why we have been so poor at defending against crosses is long overdue. Strachan and Jimmy Nicholl might bring new vigour to Bobby Geddes' coaching if they all put their heads together.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •