+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matt Young RUFC media guy..

Matt Young RUFC media guy..

Leaves the club today.

Didn’t realise it was him,thought it was the assistant leaving.

Final day today working for
    @OfficialRUFC
    after 11 thoroughly enjoyable seasons. #rufc

Mllmoor ➡️ DVS ➡️ NYS, and 2⃣unforgettable days at Wembley. Will never forget the memories and the people.

Good luck Matt in your new venture

Don’t get too upset Froggy

Matt Young

Matt Young has been a great servant to The Millers and he's leaving his post tomorrow.

He has been the voice of Rotherham United's commentaries since we were at Millmoor, at DVS and has been there since day one at NYS. Unfortunately for us who have listened to him before the ifollow thing started and then listened as he's given great commentaries with the live picture stream he is moving on. He has been able to share some great moments with Brecks, Hamshaw, Newell, Vaulks and a number of other guests during the matches from him being attacked by a pigeon last season whilst with Breckin, having Newell rip the piss out of Taylor during live commentaries as well as having both Newell and Vaulks swearing live on air.

For me he been everything a football fan could want from a commentator and I think that he'll leave some big boots to fill.

Thanks Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Don’t get too upset Froggy
    To be honest Topsy it wasn't the best day when I read it a couple of weeks ago and he confirmed to me that it was him that was leaving. I remember Ben Shepherd that was before him who is now the top media guy at Liverpool after cutting his teeth with the Millers. Personally I think that Matt is better and wouldn't be out of place if he was doing comms on the Match Of The Day because he is that good.

Matt and I worked together trying to sync the comms with the live pictures during the early days of ifollow but it was sketchy. He'd throw the odd word into a comms that was a starting point to when to marry up the visual to the verbal but ifollow stopped all that and gave us a choice of live pictures or live comms.

I will be sad to see him go but as I've said to him vial a DM, he has my best wishes as long as he doesn't go to Wednesday.

Where ever he goes he'll be a success and I will miss him!

Really can’t knock him. A move to Sheffield United is certainly a big step up.
    Good Luck to him at the Blades, I feel sure he will do a decent job.

The very best of luck to him. For me, he was an essential link to Millers games on late night vigils in the early years in Singapore and, more recently, a familiar early Saturday morning voice in California. He'll be sorely missed.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 16-07-2019 at 01:15 AM.

I’m assuming his assistant Sam Todd is taking over, he’s been there a few years now and his 100% a Miller

Good luck Sam

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’m assuming his assistant Sam Todd is taking over, he’s been there a few years now and his 100% a Miller

Good luck Sam
    It certainly looks like it Topsy. I presume that Matt Goodwin will be sharing comms duty with him.

I personally like it better when they don't have guests apart from Brecks or players. I'm scared that one of the older players that they invite may not make it through to the end thus spoil the experience for us all!